Scorching hot! Roccat Vulcan 121 both Tac and Linear $39 Amazon

Hmm, from what I can see, the tactile one is also sold by 3rd party.

What’s the diff between tact and linear?

I've got the Vulcan tkl version that I use on my living room setup. I like it very much, probably under-rated even, or atleast doesn't seem to get a lot of talk. I think Roccat (rocket, I believe is how it is pronounced?) in general is pretty good quality. I got a Kone Aimo mouse aswell that I've had for years.

bought 3 of the tactile ones, perfects upgrades for the kids at that price, thanks!

Last edited:
Tons of reports of the keys failing after approx. 18 months of use, and the company being extremely hard to deal with w.r.t. the 2 year warranty. Of course, I'm sure there are lots of people having success, but I decided to cancel my order after reading those reports... Can't be bothered.

Tons of reports of the keys failing after approx. 18 months of use, and the company being extremely hard to deal with w.r.t. the 2 year warranty. Of course, I'm sure there are lots of people having success, but I decided to cancel my order after reading those reports... Can't be bothered.
"tons" ehh? switches not hard to replace and i've never had an issue with my other 4 roccat boards so ill gamble....

"tons" ehh? switches not hard to replace and i've never had an issue with my other 4 roccat boards so ill gamble....

A quick google for reviews turned up "tons" (meaning, the only complaints I saw were all saying the same thing) of people saying the same thing on amazon reviews, and reddit. Was enough to scare me away, but I've got enough great keyboards to hold me over so my opinion probably means nothing. Also, reading seemed to indicate that the switches were soldered and harder to replace.

https://www.amazon.com/product-revi...r&reviewerType=all_reviews#reviews-filter-bar

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
What’s the diff between tact and linear?
Linear keys will often be so sensitive, that they will press simply by resting your fingers on them. For me, this is no good. I prefer tactile styles.

I'm at right around the year and a half mark for my TKL (non pro version) and it is still feels brand new. Very springy responsive keys, which I like, and I run mine pretty hard playing ut2004 almost daily. This keyboard was a replacement for a ROG Claymore which I grew to hate, very terrible squishy feeling keys after a while.

Linear keys will often be so sensitive, that they will press simply by resting your fingers on them. For me, this is no good. I prefer tactile styles.
This is what drove me crazy with linear. I would get extra characters when typing and would often end up jumping a lot more than needed in games

Got the one I ordered. Not bad for the price, but nothing special in today's market. My girlfriend has a non-compact board for flight sims and stuff, so she's happy.

Back