Scorching Hot! 74GB WD Raptor - $89 + tax @ BB -YMMV (good chance though)

InCogneato

[H]ard|Gawd
The 74GB Raptor is on clearance right now at Best Buy for 101.99.

Use this to bring the price down to $89.75. (It has worked for me all week, even though it only states external drives.)

YMMV = Because I think a lot of places are sold out or have low stock. I got the last one left, it was just sitting there, all alone, staring at me with no other 74GBs around, screaming BUY ME; so I did. :D

I'd wager there's a good chance you'll find one if you hit a couple Best Buys. (I found this one at the first one I went to). This same deal will get you the 150GB Raptor X for $149 + tax, and there are plenty of those there.

Enjoy!

suggest you locate the sku online first and use 'in store pickup' to determine stock before driving all over town and wasting gas.

suggest you locate the sku online first and use 'in store pickup' to determine stock before driving all over town and wasting gas.
its not listed on the site as far as i can tell, only the 150GB is

id say wasting a few bucks in gas is worth it considering the reward, youre saving *60 dollars off THE LOWEST ON PRICE GRABBER* ;]

have you done this? It doesn't have internal Hard Drives listed as available items to use the coupon for.

The 12% coupon didn't work for me when I got the 150Gb Raptors last week. The system won't apply the discount, so you'll need a supervisor to not read the fine print to get it to work.

Luckily, I was able to PM the 150's @ 169.99 yesterday, so I don't feel bad about the 12%.

FYI the SKU is 7898206 according to Google's cache. You might try to call one of the stores and ask an employee to look at their computer to see if any stores in your area have stock of that SKU.

Guys i still don;t understand i can put 2 x 300GB 16MB SATAII hard drives in RAID 0 and beat the crap out of the Raptor, for almost the same price, but five times the storage.

Why the hell do we need raptor?

It'd really depend on the specs of your current HDs, annaconda. My puny 36 GB Raptors blew the doors off of my previous 7200 RPM RAID0 hard drives. Write speeds and disk access times were noticeably faster and there was a tangeable difference in load times, especially when moving large files.

My 2 cents!

Guys i still don;t understand i can put 2 x 300GB 16MB SATAII hard drives in RAID 0 and beat the crap out of the Raptor, for almost the same price, but five times the storage.

i would disagree, youll beat the crap out of the raptor only on certain occasions, those of which are not often

the raptors will get the speed benefits at all times and on all occasions

One Raptor will be faster than two 300GB SATAII hard drives in RAID-0 in most cases.

I just picked up the 74GB today using that coupon with no problems. The cashier was a cute girl, and she looked at the fine print in detail, but let me use it anyway =)

There was a sign at my local BB for the 150 gig ones but no sign at all for the 74 gig others. Kind of weird.

have any evidence to support that claim?

my place had non in stock i was gonna jump ship on one too even though raptors have run through my head besides the cool speed factor.

my place had non in stock i was gonna jump ship on one too even though raptors have run through my head besides the cool speed factor.

i think his saying...

His best buy didn't have any in stock, I was gonna get one. I have been thinking about getting one because of the cool speed factor.

i think his saying...

His best buy didn't have any in stock, I was gonna get one. I have been thinking about getting one because of the cool speed factor.

exactly, I would have never considered getting a pair of raptors since i was dead set on a pair of barracudas for my computer build and the fact that raptors are freaking expensive. it was going to be an impulse buy if they had any in stock, but my bank account is thanking me for not finding the raptor drives.

LOL you guys are mocking my gibberish

i seriously got to lay down the dro

This was out of stock all over Vegas last week. :(

Yeah, I tried at the one at Boulevard Mall and the one way out on north Rainbow myself, actually went in person to both (what a waste of three hours). Would have been nice though, wouldn't it? :p

Maybe they'll get some in before the end of the week, who knows... probably not since they're clearing 'em out. Bleh...

Picked one up in Burleson, TX ... there was one left on the shelf when I left yesterday evening...

shop online and use "store pickup" option, then if a store says "available" you're in luck!

The rest of the Fort Worth area stores were out as of yesterday evening.

$161.xx after tax for the Raptor X 150.

RTFT=Read the effin thread?
yup

If so... jebo's kind of a dick.
Eh...maybe I deserve that.
I wasn't trying to be a dick, just trying to have some fun with the kid who was asking questions that were already answered 6 posts above his. In fact, when he clicked "Reply to post" the answer to his question was probably on his screen :)

shop online and use "store pickup" option, then if a store says "available" you're in luck!
Only works for the 150gb version, unfortunately, since the 74gb has been removed from the website

Back