SCO Open Desktop

Coweater

Limp Gawd
Joined
Oct 13, 2002
Messages
197
I got 2.5 copies of SCO Open Desktop 1.1.0 and it's thirty-two floppies each. The trouble I'm having is none of the disks seems to be bootable nor can I get them to mount on my linux setup. I was curious if anyone knew if there was a seperate boot disk that I'm missing or possibly some alternate method needed to actually install them.
I do understand the possibility that being as old as they are they've become corrupted but I figured with 3 volume one floppies there was a decent chance one should work.
Please don't reply to this thread flaming SCO. I'm really not interested in hearing how much they suck. I simply want to play with their old operating system.
 
I know this sounds stupid, but that is an early Unix , and doesn't it run in dos only, or is my memory totally gone from that time period. (good chance on the memory ;) )
 
Probably not an x86 version, if I make my guess. You can try doing 'file < /dev/fd0' on a linux box to see what kind of thing they are.
 
racercarl said:
I know this sounds stupid, but that is an early Unix , and doesn't it run in dos only, or is my memory totally gone from that time period. (good chance on the memory ;) )

Wouldn't it be a separate OS, not something that runs in dos?
 
Back
Top