SCII: HOTS... Whos excited??

Klrgoten

Gawd
Anyone else super excited for HOTS? I'm really looking forward to the campaign and some good multiplayer :) wewt!!!!!

Since clans have a finite cap on how many people can join... I made a [H] group that anyone here is welcome to join :) My tag is Wildfire#1135 and the sc2 group is called HardForum. /friend ! :)

Last edited:
For the single player , yes. I've tried doing SC2's MP and while I enjoy it I think I play SC for the story line more so.

Perhaps I will change my mine on the MP though. If HOTS's is good enough.

I have always preferred the single player story of StarCraft over the MP. I enjoy the MP, but I just love the story.

I really hate having to wait half a decade to finish the story. I am going to replay Wings of Liberty next week to brush up on the story for HOTS.

I am pretty crappy a MP. I am not a person who likes to rush. I just like to create massive armies and duke it out with another player who has max tech. I am a pretty competitive gamer and like to win, but the MP in SC never tapped into that part of my brain. I wish it did since the MP is so well balanced and rewards using your brain. There are very few games that are capable of doing that.

I have always preferred the single player story of StarCraft over the MP. I enjoy the MP, but I just love the story.

I really hate having to wait half a decade to finish the story. I am going to replay Wings of Liberty next week to brush up on the story for HOTS.

I am pretty crappy a MP. I am not a person who likes to rush. I just like to create massive armies and duke it out with another player who has max tech. I am a pretty competitive gamer and like to win, but the MP in SC never tapped into that part of my brain. I wish it did since the MP is so well balanced and rewards using your brain. There are very few games that are capable of doing that.

the story isnt done. after hots there will be one focus more on protoss race isnt there?

the story isnt done. after hots there will be one focus more on protoss race isnt there?

Yeah, it's three campaigns. That's why it's going to suck having to wait so long to finish the story.

So...5/6 years to finish the entire story?

Legacy of the Void has a late 2013 release date listed on Gamespot, but I seriously don't expect that until late 2014 at the earliest.

single player is gonna be sick, excited for some new ladder too

Yeah, definitely excited. I'm especially looking forward to the campaign. In Brood War I always enjoyed playing with the Zerg, and I'm pretty excited that it's their turn now. (Although I might end up with Protoss for ranked/unranked matches)

Also going to try out multiplayer. Been practicing against the AI in Wings of Liberty (and later want to try against human opponents), and I'm considering actively playing multiplayer matches with HotS.

I hope they bring back lurkers for campaign goodness. There should be some "evolution" that allows them to move while burrowed.

As for the story, I'm looking forward to how the prophecy unfolds. WoL had some storytelling issues, but the main setup for an epic trilogy is there.

I'm not...at all.

Do I need it for multiplayer? How much is it going to cost?

Pretty much done with Blizzard as a developer after SC2...

I hope they bring back lurkers for campaign goodness. There should be some "evolution" that allows them to move while burrowed.

As for the story, I'm looking forward to how the prophecy unfolds. WoL had some storytelling issues, but the main setup for an epic trilogy is there.

i play zerg exclusively but tbh ive always thought protoss was the coolest, and had the most interesting characters.

but i am really excited to see the story unfold. and who doesnt want to see mengsk die.

Could care less about MP. Love the story. Can't wait for the campaign.

i play zerg exclusively but tbh ive always thought protoss was the coolest, and had the most interesting characters.

but i am really excited to see the story unfold. and who doesnt want to see mengsk die.

I agree, tassadar, fenix, and zeratul are the coolest. Terran gives too much of a silly starship troopers vibe, and Zerg is really just Kerrigan (and flashback overmind), cerebrates don't count.

PS, I don't want to see mengsk die, I want to see him suffer

I agree, tassadar, fenix, and zeratul are the coolest. Terran gives too much of a silly starship troopers vibe, and Zerg is really just Kerrigan (and flashback overmind), cerebrates don't count.

PS, I don't want to see mengsk die, I want to see him suffer

hahah YES!!

I'm not...at all.

Do I need it for multiplayer? How much is it going to cost?

Pretty much done with Blizzard as a developer after SC2...

If all you want is the MP, there probably isn't a reason for you to buy this game.

I, however, don't play the MP. So i am all about the single player campaign, and SC-2 wings of liberty has been played through by me about a dozen times so far. If i get that same kind of replay value from HOTS, i will consider it money well spent.

Day one purchase for me. :D

Have to say I'm pretty excited too.

I thought I might skip it after the bad taste D3 left in my mouth, but I got the bug again and really enjoyed WOL, so I've been playing through the Terran campaign again to refresh my memory on the story.

First couple missions I felt like a moron trying to remember how to play. :D

Have to say I'm pretty excited too.

I thought I might skip it after the bad taste D3 left in my mouth, but I got the bug again and really enjoyed WOL, so I've been playing through the Terran campaign again to refresh my memory on the story.

First couple missions I felt like a moron trying to remember how to play. :D

Thankfully the SC2 team is completely separate from whatever they were smoking over at the Diablo development team.

Excited for the story and the multiplayer. Gotta see if I can weedle my way back into Diamond league :)

Count me in. Time to set the difficulty to easy, play through the campaign, and never touch multiplayer cause I'm bad.

Count me in. Time to set the difficulty to easy, play through the campaign, and never touch multiplayer cause I'm bad.

No easy mode!!! :) WOL was pretty badass though, I'm going to need to do the same and replay it.

I play Protoss, add me in game Ghostrider #300. I'll totally join a [H] clan.

Thankfully the SC2 team is completely separate from whatever they were smoking over at the Diablo development team.

Excited for the story and the multiplayer. Gotta see if I can weedle my way back into Diamond league :)

Yep. Thankfully Blizzard has not yet combined its development studios so we reap the benefits of not having one fucking idiot like Jay influencing SC2 and WoW as well as taking a dump all over D3.

My excitement is 2-fold. I am a big SC2 lore nerd so SP is going to be great and I am massive fan of SC2 in the esports scene.

Yep. Thankfully Blizzard has not yet combined its development studios so we reap the benefits of not having one fucking idiot like Jay influencing SC2 and WoW as well as taking a dump all over D3.

Unfortunately, it still means supporting them as a company, and that's reason enough for me not to buy SC2.

SC2 SP > MP as far as I'm concerned. I bought it for the SP continuation.

im not buying it all 3 should have been in sc2 or these should be x packs and cost like $20 max

If you don't buy the expansion how does the multiplayer work? Can you not play people that have the expansion and vice versa?

From what I see its like brood wars. You cannot play with those who set HoTS as their MP main game. They can choose to play in WoL mode whenever they want, but those games won't be getting the new units.

Most will shift to HoTS naturally, but there will be a segment that stays behind. If you choose not to get HOTS, any friends can still play with you as WoL. Another example would be like WoW expansions, if all you ever got was vanilla, your friends can raid molten core with you at any time, but you can't get into any BC, WotLK, Cata, or MoP without getting the respective upgrades.

From what I've seen, there are some pretty big game changing units that will evolve strategies. It would be pretty hard to shift back, and I probably would never go back (like with brood wars).

If all you want is the MP, there probably isn't a reason for you to buy this game.

I, however, don't play the MP. So i am all about the single player campaign, and SC-2 wings of liberty has been played through by me about a dozen times so far. If i get that same kind of replay value from HOTS, i will consider it money well spent.

Day one purchase for me. :D

Wrong. Some people get waaaay more out of MP, like myself. Sure I'll run through the campaign but I'll play MP for years. I've been playing WoL since release, can't really do that with the campaign (well I guess you could but that would get dull). I have friends that have easily over 3K career matches and never finished the campaign. So this advice is not really accurate imo.

If you don't buy the expansion how does the multiplayer work? Can you not play people that have the expansion and vice versa?

I'm assuming you haven't been on since the latest patch. Yes, the ladders will be separate. They have to be, different units. On your profile screen its pretty easy to see how they have it separated. It will show your rankings for "Liberty" and I imagine right under it or something it will show your ranking for "Swarm" or however they shorten the name.

Wrong. Some people get waaaay more out of MP, like myself. Sure I'll run through the campaign but I'll play MP for years. I've been playing WoL since release, can't really do that with the campaign (well I guess you could but that would get dull). I have friends that have easily over 3K career matches and never finished the campaign. So this advice is not really accurate imo.

I'm assuming you haven't been on since the latest patch. Yes, the ladders will be separate. They have to be, different units. On your profile screen its pretty easy to see how they have it separated. It will show your rankings for "Liberty" and I imagine right under it or something it will show your ranking for "Swarm" or however they shorten the name.

multiplayer is starcrafts best redeeming quality.

most people play 1v1 that usually turns people off. as a veteran i can say i barely enjoy 1v1 in ladder. i prefer 2's as its the perfect balance of competitive and fun.

the campaign is gonna be great and i loved the WoL campaign. but the MP is where you get your moneys worth.

I think the MP will work similar to how Sc1 + Broodwar worked... No exp, no MP with people who have the xpac... since they will have access to different units, etc

single player hell ya. Online Multiplayer.. I still suck ass at this game. I don't have enough patience to grind out 20 games of sc2 at at time.

I am extremely excited! I am big into the SC2 esport scene but I am also looking forward to the single player.

I am. I love multiplayer in SC2. Dont care about the singleplayer in SC2 anymore since it was horrible with the lame story and a bunch of custom maps masquerading as a campaign.

On another note, it has taken WAY too long for this expansion. There is no excuse to put out the expansion a few years later when the core of the game is already there.

well, gonna need 2 copies. one for myself and my brother. I don't like sharing. :D

I am. I love multiplayer in SC2. Dont care about the singleplayer in SC2 anymore since it was horrible with the lame story and a bunch of custom maps masquerading as a campaign.

On another note, it has taken WAY too long for this expansion. There is no excuse to put out the expansion a few years later when the core of the game is already there.

i actually believe the campaign has been finished a long time, it is much more difficult to add new units into ladder and maintain balance. one thing about sc2 is it is a very very popular esport and the balance is pretty amazing all things considered. adding new units really fucks this up. thats why they have long betas too

does anybody know if its the same client as WoL ?

or is it the beta client?

Mine shipped from Newegg on saturday at 8am... But the tracking doesn't show anything. I think there might be a chance I could get it today... Wonder if I will be able to do anything early?

Mine shipped from Newegg on saturday at 8am... But the tracking doesn't show anything. I think there might be a chance I could get it today... Wonder if I will be able to do anything early?

are you east coast?

servers arent live till 3am Eastern and midnight Pacific :(

Mine doesn't show up as shipped from Amazon yet. Hopefully it's shipping from close by :p I want it for after I have to spend 4 hours in newborn baby class, my brain will need a break :)

[L]imey;1039692134 said:
Mine doesn't show up as shipped from Amazon yet. Hopefully it's shipping from close by :p I want it for after I have to spend 4 hours in newborn baby class, my brain will need a break :)

on thought they send it to you the day of release, not the day before :X

Back