Scientists Expect To Calculate Amount Of Fuel Inside Earth By 2025

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
So how will the planet die? It running out of gas, or the sun going supernova? I guess we may never know, with quotes like "We're in a field of guesses. At this point in my career, I don't care if I'm right or wrong, I just want to know the answer."

To calculate the amount of fuel inside Earth by 2025, the researchers will rely on detecting some of the tiniest subatomic particles known to science -- geoneutrinos. These antineutrino particles are byproducts of nuclear reactions within stars (including our sun), supernovae, black holes and human-made nuclear reactors. They also result from radioactive decay processes deep within the Earth.

The Sun will never go supernova, it's not big enough, it will expand into a red giant (making the earth a barren rock) and eventually shrink and turn into a white dwarf (a hot dead star) before becoming a black dwarf (a cold dead star).

The earth will be burned up with fire, God will purge the earth and build it anew.

2 Peter 3:10-13King James Version (KJV)
10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

The thing that we do not know is the when part so just be ready. We do know it is not now because there are signs and wonders that are not in place yet.

Energy is the most valuable resource on the planet (food can created by anyone, so isn't controlled). It's only natural that people would try to make money on it.

Energy is the most valuable resource on the planet (food can created by anyone, so isn't controlled). It's only natural that people would try to make money on it.
Can you drink oil? Is oil as susceptible to weather, or blight? Any harm weather can cause is trivial to production. Its all price inflating fear mongering. If weather was bad enough to shutdown production or trade, we'd starve to death too.

Can you drink oil? Is oil as susceptible to weather, or blight? Any harm weather can cause is trivial to production. Its all price inflating fear mongering. If weather was bad enough to shutdown production or trade, we'd starve to death too.

Anyone can harvest drinking products. Same as other food products.

Sources of energy are harder to get to. they require specialized equipment. Energy is highly valuable and access is highly controllable.....the perfect combination in a monetary based economy.

We can certainly complain about it, but there isn't much we can about it, outside of being state run.

The earth will be burned up with fire, God will purge the earth and build it anew.

2 Peter 3:10-13King James Version (KJV)
10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

The thing that we do not know is the when part so just be ready. We do know it is not now because there are signs and wonders that are not in place yet.
How is this relevant at all to scientists estimating the amount of fuel in the Earth?

Have they been inside the earth to the center?

More worthless educated guesses from self important people.

You ain't calculating shit.

Nice smoke job to keep your income flowing from the idiots.

And their calculations will be wrong by at least an order of magnitude.

Uh, if I xray a package and say 'there's a bomb in there' are you going to ask "WELL DID YOU OPEN IT????" The way physics works, you don't really have to physically be somewhere to draw conclusions about it. It's called "remote sensing." No one has ever been to the Sun, but we know a lot about it from the physics of how it behaves. It sounds like you're the one making worthless uneducated guesses about how these people are doing their research.
And their calculations will be wrong by at least an order of magnitude.
I'm glad you're working hard toward solving the problem.

Uh, if I xray a package and say 'there's a bomb in there' are you going to ask "WELL DID YOU OPEN IT????" The way physics works, you don't really have to physically be somewhere to draw conclusions about it. It's called "remote sensing." No one has ever been to the Sun, but we know a lot about it from the physics of how it behaves. It sounds like you're the one making worthless uneducated guesses about how these people are doing their research.

I'm glad you're working hard toward solving the problem.
Show me an x-ray of the Earth. I would like to see that.

Show me an x-ray of the Earth. I would like to see that.
I bet you would, but unfortunately x-rays aren't able to fully penetrate the planet. That's why they use neutrinos. In this case, I'm using something familiar to you (x-ray) as an analog for something that is probably unfamiliar to you (neutrinos). Things are made difficult by the fact that neutrinos are difficult to detect but larger, better sensors (in greater numbers) will allow us to better map the decay of these subatomic particles as a function of their path through the Earth. It's kind of like a CT scan, but I'm gonna guess you aren't familiar with compressed sensing and inversion theory.

Also, ironically enough an 'x-ray of the Earth' is basically what the researchers you're shitting on are trying to produce.

How is this relevant at all to scientists estimating the amount of fuel in the Earth?

Lol, I actually kind of enjoyed it. Then again, I grew up being taught the second coming is 'just' around the corner :). But the quote would work better for the sun expanding or global warming or something vs the earth running out of fuel.

Until we figure out to take some rocks and throw them in a magical box that uses the stored energy in the elements to run our car on. Then we have to recalculate the new usable fuel that we thought was useless now.

Until we figure out to take some rocks and throw them in a magical box that uses the stored energy in the elements to run our car on. Then we have to recalculate the new usable fuel that we thought was useless now.
Step 1) Make an argument based on ignorance.
Step 2) Get proven wrong about your ignorant point of view.
Step 3) Maintain position, but change argument without acknowledging previous point was ill-informed.
Step 4) ????

Step 1) Make an argument based on ignorance.
Step 2) Get proven wrong about your ignorant point of view.
Step 3) Maintain position, but change argument without acknowledging previous point was ill-informed.
Step 4) ????

Step 4) Not care.

It's not going to matter, I'm sure the Earth has a lot more time left than we do.. We're going to make the planet uninhabitable by us in a few hundred years at this rate.

Fuel is a left wing conspiracy against our freedom!

As silly as it sounds, this type of thing likely is left-funded to support the whole "green" cartel. (Never mind that many of the "eco friendly" plants produce more waste). It's a study purely for political purposes, and nothing I'd call "real science" which in its truest sense should remain free of political entanglements (and dollars).

As silly as it sounds, this type of thing likely is left-funded to support the whole "green" cartel. (Never mind that many of the "eco friendly" plants produce more waste). It's a study purely for political purposes, and nothing I'd call "real science" which in its truest sense should remain free of political entanglements (and dollars).

By "free of political entanglements" you must mean "Has to come from Texaco or the GOP". Because the "green cartel" is literally tens of thousands of scientists that used data and independent, peer reviewed scientific experimentation to draw conclusions.

Scientists are a well known left leaning bunch of degenerate subversives. Study leads to liberalism. FIGHT THE KNOWLEDGE!

This sounds like Ken Ham logic, if something hasn't been first hand witnessed/recorded/done by man it cannot be true.

Then again even if there was crystal clear counter evidence presented for mr Ham, he would still claim "but the Bible says otherwise and I trust God" so it doesn't matter anyway.

Sorry this wasn't really anything against you, I've just been reading so much of Ham's legendary creationist propaganda lately that all this kind of stuff alerts me :D Looking forward to more video coverage from his and Bill Nye's more recent "debates" from this year lol

This sounds like Ken Ham logic, if something hasn't been first hand witnessed/recorded/done by man it cannot be true.

Then again even if there was crystal clear counter evidence presented for mr Ham, he would still claim "but the Bible says otherwise and I trust God" so it doesn't matter anyway.

Sorry this wasn't really anything against you, I've just been reading so much of Ham's legendary creationist propaganda lately that all this kind of stuff alerts me :D Looking forward to more video coverage from his and Bill Nye's more recent "debates" from this year lol
My point is that they don't even know what is in the ocean. To measure into our crust and mantle layers at this time in tech is pipedreamy. Curious people like to spend money on their curiosities. I call sham. My opinion, yours may be different.

My point is that they don't even know what is in the ocean. To measure into our crust and mantle layers at this time in tech is pipedreamy. Curious people like to spend money on their curiosities. I call sham. My opinion, yours may be different.

For the record, I don't believe in this particular hypothesis either, however science theories aren't meant to be the ultimate truths (even if they claim to be), they can and will be debunked/changed as the time goes on. Of course people of the present claim to be more knowledgeable than the generations before them and that "the biggest discoveries have already been made", but similarly in 50 years, 100 years, 500 years time our descendants will be laughing at our current understanding of the universe and basics of life. Science evolves constantly.

The other alternative is to ignore everything and trust Ken Ham and his 6000 year old Earth where the vegan dinosaurs died in the flood :) no I'm just kidding, everybody has opinions, you and me (and even Ham) etc. It's a free world. The problem comes when certain parties force feed their beliefs to others, like children. They should be free to choose too, but often it doesn't come off that way.

For the record, I don't believe in this particular hypothesis either, however science theories aren't meant to be the ultimate truths (even if they claim to be), they can and will be debunked/changed as the time goes on. Of course people of the present claim to be more knowledgeable than the generations before them and that "the biggest discoveries have already been made", but similarly in 50 years, 100 years, 500 years time our descendants will be laughing at our current understanding of the universe and basics of life. Science evolves constantly.

The other alternative is to ignore everything and trust Ken Ham and his 6000 year old Earth where the vegan dinosaurs died in the flood :) no I'm just kidding, everybody has opinions, you and me (and even Ham) etc. It's a free world
No clue who Ken Ham is. These guys funding their fuel guesstimater sound pretty hammy though.

No clue who Ken Ham is. These guys funding their fuel guesstimater sound pretty hammy though.

It's probably better not to know who he is lol

Anyway as I said I don't mind "research" like this, sure it's likely gonna be debunked sooner or later but that's the way it usually goes. And there's ought to be something of use in the data, rough estimations are better than nothing

You're right that does sound fucking stupid. Oh, lol, I mean silly.
It's probably better not to know who he is lol

Anyway as I said I don't mind "research" like this, sure it's likely gonna be debunked sooner or later but that's the way it usually goes. And there's ought to be something of use in the data, rough estimations are better than nothing
Yes, because we all know that real research (research without quotes around it) is ultimate truth. I get what you're saying though. Don't mean to sound like a total dick.

By "free of political entanglements" you must mean "Has to come from Texaco or the GOP". Because the "green cartel" is literally tens of thousands of scientists that used data and independent, peer reviewed scientific experimentation to draw conclusions.

Scientists are a well known left leaning bunch of degenerate subversives. Study leads to liberalism. FIGHT THE KNOWLEDGE!

Congrats - you proved my point. You have an agenda. It needs to be free of people such as yourself who have an agenda, and feel so threatened by an opposing view that they put words in other people's mouths in an obvious strawman that if they are the one with billions of dollars, spend it on rigged "studies" to prove they have the bigger penis and sell "environmentally safe" or "eco-friendly" products that they just so happen to have millions if not billions invested in.

So excuse me if I don't fall for your BS. Because both sides do it, and frankly, I was not discriminating when I said it needs to be free of agenda - ALL agenda.

Lets blow it up and measure the energy output of the explosion. That should tell us how much fuel WAS left in the Earth.

Fuel is a left wing conspiracy against our freedom!
There is absolutely money to be made by fear mongering.

Think about how long leftists have been telling us that we would hit peak oil, and would inevitably enter into some kind of apocalypse because of it. Not only was it nonsensical, since we were always passing up viable oilfields due to cost/yield limitations (we know there's oil, but pass it up for somewhere else that is cheaper), but that as fossil fuels become very slowly more expensive, alternative fuels would become more and more attractive, leading to an organic gradual switch from one fuel source to another.

And then we have the reality that today, we are experiencing a fossil fuel glut the kind that we never would have predicted, due to technological innovation, to the point that the world's greatest oil importer, the United States, is now a net oil exporter. China is due to ramp up their shale oil production as well, and they have massive reserves. Not to mention the overabundance of coal available.

So with no end in sight to cheap energy even with current technology, yet alone the next technological innovation, and peak oil a disproven fantasy, they have moved on to the next fear mongering... global warming and The Day After Tomorrow! Except that we always knew that we are still in the end phase of an ice age, specifically approaching the end of the Holocene ice age, which is a trend that has been going on well before industrialization.

Now there is legitimate science behind the possibility that CO2 in general may enhance the greenhouse effect (which we rely on) to increase the rate of natural temperature rise, however, scientists warn that we may be approaching a period of reduced solar radiation that will cause global cooling and a mini-ice age.

If this proves true, then the otherwise harmless CO2 will not only not be a problem, but we may look to see how we can increase CO2 output since it is overall highly beneficial to plant life which we rely on as a food source, but may help keep global temperatures towards the historic norms we've become accustomed to, since entering the next ice age would be quite inconvenient and detrimental to human quality of life.

But the real debate isn't about the environment for most, but the fact that you can make big money on fear mongering about energy, just ask the "big corn" industries like Monsanto that lobbied to make ethanol mandatory in US fuels for example.

"Science is bullshit..." as I type on my computer made of billions of transistors whose operation is fundamentally intertwined with quantum theory.

What does quantum theory have to do with transistors?

What does quantum theory have to do with transistors?
Well a two word answer could be quantum tunneling. However, solid state theory in general is based off of quantum machanics, because it has it be. Electrons have little mass, so according to de broglie they have a wavelength. Thus, quantum mechanics.

Back