scientific question about vista.

stopmenow

Limp Gawd
why do mac people always have the best looking desktops/wallpapers/icons, will vista close the "pretty" gap?

if you aren't lazy you can make ur comp look just as nice as a mac.

Now getting the same usablility is the hitch. :eek:

stopmenow said:
why do mac people always have the best looking desktops/wallpapers/icons, will vista close the "pretty" gap?
That's an opinion, by far. I don't think they have the best looking anything...not desktops, and not the actual computer systems either.

I've noticed there's some sort of social trend that says having a Mac automatically makes you artistic and cool. :rolleyes:

if you aren't lazy you can make ur comp look just as nice as a mac.

Now getting the same usablility is the hitch.

That's a joke right? ;)

I dont think it's sane to put the words mac, and usability in the same context.

stopmenow said:

Are you saying my windows XP Pro desktop is ugly.
That's just mean, I put some work into it.

:(

Sorry, but yes. :p

It doesn't matter matter how you dress it up, Windows looks lame. Taskbar is lame, Start button is lame, UI is lame. Best you can do is put a background of some beautiful scenery, or some hot girl :)

J32P2006, I'm sorry, but thats just tremendously ugly.
OSX is not just pretty, but its UI is indeed superior usability wise, and I dont think vista is going to change that much, even though vista will indeed be prettier than XP is.
(and yes I'm on XP)

It's a freakin' computer - if you can actually see your desktop, you don't have enough programs running :p

It's completely subjective. I think Vista's interface looks cooler and better than XP's, but i wouldn't say it's pretty. Then again, i thought the MCE2005 theme was "pretty," or at least as pretty as you can get with Windows. I'm not that big of a fan of how Apple's computers look, but they're certainly stylistic, and you can instantly tell a mac from a distance. I haven't used OSX to have any real opinion on how it looks or how usable it is.

Slartibartfast said:
It's a freakin' computer - if you can actually see your desktop, you don't have enough programs running :p

Word. DOS was ugly, but I never cared because I wasn't starting at it, I was running a program or game.

Tutelary said:
J32P2006, I'm sorry, but thats just tremendously ugly.
OSX is not just pretty, but its UI is indeed superior usability wise, and I dont think vista is going to change that much, even though vista will indeed be prettier than XP is.
(and yes I'm on XP)

your ugly

J/K

LawGiver said:
but i said your desktop kicks ass. tell me how to make it look like yours.

I'll pm you with the details later today when I get home from school. :D

djnes said:
That's an opinion, by far. I don't think they have the best looking anything...not desktops, and not the actual computer systems either.
I agree.. I can't stand apple's design for any of their computers, and I think their OS design is terrible. I can do a lot more with windows, multitasking using the task bar ect

and I really don't like XP's graphic interface either. I hate all those windows with rounded edges.. it's like they're protecting us from all the sharp objects :p
I'm using the classic windows 9x interface and I will do the same once I get windows vista.

J32P2006 said:
Are you saying my windows XP Pro desktop is ugly.
That's just mean, I put some work into it.

http://img490.imageshack.us/img490/6487/mineisuglyusay5fh.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
processor only at 4.69% usage?!?! you are wasting too many cycles!!!
FOLD, guy

what about my xp desktop i think its rather neat >.<

New linky

new wallpaper. still on the hunt for a good dual monitor wallpaper. ( that isnt nature)

well that was definitly not my intention >.< its the wallpaper isn't it? so hard to find good dual monitor wallpapers =/

Look, idk about you all but my UI pwns the MAC UI anyday, the MAC UI kinda sucks IMO, I mean look at mine, and my whole OS is mad tweaked, I have done so much to my install that it makes windows actually awesome. And yes, I have done so much w/ the registry, and done alot to Windows shell itself, it runs pretty fast. and all I had to do is backup my registry and next time I do another install I can redo the registry just by using regrestore.

bare desktop:

Kaiga said:
Look, idk about you all but my UI pwns the MAC UI anyday, the MAC UI kinda sucks IMO, I mean look at mine, and my whole OS is mad tweaked, I have done so much to my install that it makes windows actually awesome. And yes, I have done so much w/ the registry, and done alot to Windows shell itself, it runs pretty fast. and all I had to do is backup my registry and next time I do another install I can redo the registry just by using regrestore.

bare desktop:

I have to admit that I really don't like your UI you've got going on there. It's just not my style, but hey that's ok.. I guess i'd prefer the standard windows themes then yours...

lol we all have our different tastes... you say tomato, I say spicy ramen w/ taco seasoning :)

bobbydole said:
I have to admit that I really don't like your UI you've got going on there. It's just not my style, but hey that's ok.. I guess i'd prefer the standard windows themes then yours...
yeah, classic windows interface > all :)

Kaiga said:
lol we all have our different tastes... you say tomato, I say spicy ramen w/ taco seasoning :)

hmm.. i love ramen though.. maybe not with taco seasonings.. i'd have to try it, but it don't sounds good i can tell you that.. ;)

tdg said:
Word. DOS was ugly, but I never cared because I wasn't starting at it, I was running a program or game.

DOS was ... ugly????

on its days, dos was looking better and better, do you guys remember pctools or norton utilities for dos, I MISS THAT!

windows, the only think you can do to it is change wallpapers and i never stay with the same wallpaper for too long. in a mac no matter what wallpaper you put it 99% of the time looks cool, it's the fonts, it's the icons... can you put an all white wallpaper in windows? no way.

vista from what i have seen looks even better than the beautiful mac! lets just see.

Back