School Project

Goran

Limp Gawd
So at school my teacher suddenly decides he wants us all to make a case or take some of the big, old towers and mod them.

So I had the idea of creating an acrylic SFF like case...

Where should I start? I mean I know I have to have adequate room in my case. Heres my biggest question:. How is stuff supposted to stand inside of it. Like what is supposted the hold the HD, CD-Drive, PSU, etc above the mobo? And how is it all secured? Is there any danger for example it breaking?

Once I get started we have a work shop class right above us with more tools then you can imagine. Theres also a lot of supplies there that we can use. So we dont intend on buying MUCH except the acrylic sheets.

So what else would I need? And what tips can you offer?
Maybe some links to other projects?

I'm totally new to this but we have a few amateurs that can help us along.

ok, i know this sounds well

make someting that looks professional, and cheap, your gonna need a paintbooth
dremel
shitloads of samd paper,
sandblaster
drill
taps
saw
plezi
old chaepo case
welder possibly

ok, now gear it for ultimate cooling, and design

start out wiht a huge case, like old school gateway 2k case

cut away the hdd cages, and remake them, in a box, adn have 2 80mm fans in and out, have them rigged to the 12v line directly, no molex shit, get sringkwrap and electrical tape to cover it, and hook the molex up normal

now, the psu, relocate it, someware creatinve, the front of the case maybe, and have it taking out the air, and for meather wire management

reverse airflow, instead of frojnt to rear, rear to front

place a vent whare the psu was, leading to the cpu and gpu, something that you can screw in and tap it

create the floppy bay into a pull out cupholder

tear the b

This seems like the coolest school ever. Why didn't I get to do this in shop class?!!?!?

The coolest project i ever had in school was making a "water tornado" with two empty 2 liter coke bottles. This sounds SO much better.

Qtip42 said:
This seems like the coolest school ever. Why didn't I get to do this in shop class?!!?!?

Well actually its a computer class but we're using supplies from the shop class right above us :D

Ok so 2gigs what are you exactly saying I should do with the old tower cases. They are REALLY big. I mean server+ size lol.

But again as I said I am going acrylic and small size. I can take out the HDD cage from the big tower and put it in the acrylic case? How should I go about making it stick in there you know? I mean were not gonna be in the dark someone at school will have ideas but I dont want to hook up my computer into it and have it all drop onto my mobo ^^

My general plan so far is something near the Aspire X-Qpack size. Maybe just a bit longer so a full sized PSU is easier to install. But just in general I want to make it big enough for future upgrades.

Back