Schiit Jotunheim

King of Heroes

[H]ard|Gawd
Just watched Zeos' review on this, and it looks pretty good. Has anyone here had a chance to use it? How does it compare to the ODAC+O2 stack? Or Schiit's own Modi+Magni stack?

I seriously need to try it. Hopefully my local AV store will have it in stock or something like that.

Just watched the review too, looks good. I only have the O2 DAC for my Sennheiser HD 25-1 (70ohm), unsure if I even would benefit from an amp. Are you running the O2 or Schiit stack?

Just watched the review too, looks good. I only have the O2 DAC for my Sennheiser HD 25-1 (70ohm), unsure if I even would benefit from an amp. Are you running the O2 or Schiit stack?

Right now I use an ODAC rev.B feeding a SMSL SA-36A Pro. No headphone amp, but I've been wanting to add one for a while.

Seems really impressive. I think the only thing missing is coaxial/toslink input, and it would be 100% better than the Emotiva DC-1. Balanced headphone output AND balanced pre-outs to a power amplifier seems like something you wouldn't normally see except in some $10,000 Denon processor.

Also 900mW@300 ohms is bananas.

I have a Beyerdyanmic A20 headphone amplifier that only does around 100mW@300ohms. Me thinks it's time to dump it...

Looks like it's basically the poor man's Oppo HA-1 with slightly less connectivity.

Last edited:
Back