Schiit Hel

Mchart

Supreme [H]ardness
I have some of Schiit's older products, and i've been waiting for them to come out with something better paired for a gaming rig for a while now.

Was randomly visiting the site and saw they have a few new products. Already ordered a Hel and I have pretty high expectations for this. It's basically a higher-power / more capable Fulla.

https://www.schiit.com/products/hel

I was/am considering one of those as well, but then saw a few reviews of the Topping MX3, which apparently is surprisingly good for an all in one.

Still pondering.

Really hard to knock the Hel, among more than a few others (you see a few Topping DAC/Amps in my sig...), but at this point you're trading blows with the stuff Creative is doing which border on being true audio interfaces, as well as actual audio interfaces like the Focusrite Scarlett series.

Creative's new X3 is of particular interest for gaming, especially since it can be easily paired with a more powerful amp where needed. Though most 'gaming' headsets, and even many headphones that would otherwise be deemed good for gaming, simply don't need a lot of power to begin with.

Back