Schematic for psu

Hi everybody i am new on this forum and i would like to know if someone has a schematic for the Delta EADP-260AP A,i will greatly appreciate it

2020-07-20 20.37.55.jpg

If you are new I am feeling a strong sense of deja vous. Didn't someone with a similar user name randomly post similar requests for power supply schematics from time to time?

Hi everybody i am new on this forum and i would like to know if someone has a schematic for the Delta EADP-260AP A,i will greatly appreciate it

If you're having to ask for schematics for a switching power supply, it's not something you should be messing with. This supply has high voltage AC, high voltage high frequency AC and high voltage DC present all over the board and heat sinks, it's not something a novice should be messing with. Without the proper safety equipment, you're risking your life by poking around in this unit, even when powered off. The main line capacitors can hold a considerable charge even when the power is removed.

Manufacturers generally never release schematics for their power supplies in OEM equipment like this. You need a good knowledge of SMPS designs and electronic circuitry to troubleshoot and repair these power supplies.

If your power supply is bad, I'd recommend just buying a replacement, they go for less than $25 on Ebay.

I almost feel this is a job for big clive but this one has more components than one of his usual reverse engineering tasks.

According to Google, it's a power supply out of a PlayStation 3.

It's a bog standard switching power supply with a single 12v rail rated for ~21.67A (260W), really nothing special about it.

If you're having to ask for schematics for a switching power supply, it's not something you should be messing with. This supply has high voltage AC, high voltage high frequency AC and high voltage DC present all over the board and heat sinks, it's not something a novice should be messing with. Without the proper safety equipment, you're risking your life by poking around in this unit, even when powered off. The main line capacitors can hold a considerable charge even when the power is removed.

Manufacturers generally never release schematics for their power supplies in OEM equipment like this. You need a good knowledge of SMPS designs and electronic circuitry to troubleshoot and repair these power supplies.

If your power supply is bad, I'd recommend just buying a replacement, they go for less than $25 on Ebay.

It's a bog standard switching power supply with a single 12v rail rated for ~21.67A (260W), really nothing special about it.
Gigabite i said i am new on here not new to electronics and i know the dangers of caps holding voltage which can shock and power supplies which can cause death if touched when live,all i asked is for sombody to post a schematic of the psu if they have it but thanks for your input.

If you are new I am feeling a strong sense of deja vous. Didn't someone with a similar user name randomly post similar requests for power supply schematics from time to time?
I have never been on this forum site before and yes i am new on here,when you came on here for the first time you were also new,a person has to start somewhere,is it not so

Yes it comes out of a ps3 fat and am trying to fix it for somebody and i am in South Africa,and with the dollar zar exchange rate it will cost too much to afford a new psu but thanks anyway

Gigabite i said i am new on here not new to electronics and i know the dangers of caps holding voltage which can shock and power supplies which can cause death if touched when live,all i asked is for sombody to post a schematic of the psu if they have it but thanks for your input.

If you have experience with electronics, just study some generic SMPS designs. That power supply is not complicated, and the fault should be easy to find with basic tools. I'd guess some passive component died if the fuse isn't blown, because I don't see any skid marks or hot areas.

I almost feel this is a job for big clive but this one has more components than one of his usual reverse engineering tasks.
big clive ftw! OP's board looks like it's single-sided at least, I bet clive could figure it out with help from ginger beer and rum

If you have experience with electronics, just study some generic SMPS designs. That power supply is not complicated, and the fault should be easy to find with basic tools. I'd guess some passive component died if the fuse isn't blown, because I don't see any skid marks or hot areas.
Great,thanks Gigabite

Back