Scheduling Norton Ent. to update/defwatch without being logged in

Asgorath

[H]ard|Gawd
I have an office setup with Norton Enterprise 10. People are supposed to leave their computers on, and stay logged in over night. Some people however log off when they leave. The next morning when they log on, norton updates and initiates a defwatch scan which bogs down Outlook and our internal applications significantly.

How can I get Norton to update/ defwatch scan even if they're not logged in?

I need a fast answer on this as its affecting alot of people. Please help me out on this.

Thank you.

Greg

You have two things you are looking at: First is getting definitions to the clients, second is scheduled scans.

Use System Center Console to configure all the clients to pull definitions from the primary server. Then configure the primary server to get updates from Symantec on a regular basis (Once a day). Make sure disable the option of scanning when you get new definitions.

Second, if you want to schedule scans, do so independently of the definition downloads. I have configured most of my clients so that they get a scan once a week. I like to schedule this while most people are at lunch. I don't use startup scans because they greatly slow down an already (seemingly) slow process.

Back