Sceptre x24wg-Naga 24" Widescreen LCD w/ HDMI only 300 AR at TigerDirect. Today Only.

TylerJ

Limp Gawd
Yeah, it's a 50$ rebate from Tigerdirect, but this is still a damn good deal for a 24" monitor. If I had the funds, I'd definitely bite. Sounds like a decent monitor.

Specifications

Display Type: Widescreen LCD
Viewable Screen Size: 24 inches
Display Colors: 16.7 million
Input Video Signal: DVI VGA
Contrast Ratio: 4000:1
Brightness: 300 cd/m²
Response Time: 2 ms
Horizontal Viewing Angle: 160 degrees
Vertical Viewing Angle: 160 degrees
Maximum Resolution: 1920x1200
Cabinet Color: Black
VESA Mounting Compliant: VESA 100mm

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-Details.asp?EdpNo=3486473&sku=S197-2402

you get what you pay for i suppose.. personally i'd stay away from anything "sceptre" but thats just me

you get what you pay for i suppose.. personally i'd stay away from anything "sceptre" but thats just me

I have had a 19" Sceptre LCD for the last 4 years and have zero problems with it. The picture is great and I got a very good price at purchase. If I remember right Sceptre is actually just an off brand of a more well known manufactorer but I can't remember who at the moment. Anyways, I had no problem with the brand and would deffinitly buy from them again especially at this low price point.

My friend had a Sceptre and it looked really good. The monitor itself (not the panel) was also attractive. As far as reliability though, I cannot comment.

Yeah, I also have a x22 Gamer, I dont know why people complain about it. The picture is awesome and the whole thing just looks great period.

Y'all remember the X22WG-GAMER fiasco?

Thank God for Costco's return policy.

I have a 32" 720p Sceptre, I love it, great picture.
Looks just as good as all my friends high end TVs.

I remember there were lots of problems with the 22 gamer, it might be fixed now but..... who knows.

Most problems stemmed from them shipping shoddy dvi cords with the monitors

I have a 20" Sceptre(X20WG-Naga), my parents got one as well. I can't say anything bad about it: picture quality is good, response rate good, slight amount of backlight leak, but considering I got it for $200 shipped a year ago who cares. If I had the money I would go for this monitor, based on my experiences with Sceptre products.

I am using my own DVI cables, as they did not come with DVI cables, VGA only.

Just figured I would bump this seeing as the same moniter is on sale, same price at tigerdirect agian.

I had the 22' sceptre from the costco deal a year ago. i'm not an expert so i don't have any technical comment on image quality, looks not bad to me. but the dvi port died really fast (blinking lines all over), which seemed to be a common issue, so i had to switch to vga. and sometimes, the control buttons just stopped working, or the whole display went sepia or weird tone (very occasional, usually after computer woke up), and i had to unplug and then re-plug the power cord to make it work. sceptre may have resolved those issues for their current products, but i would not recommend this brand based on my personal experience.

I bought the 22" sceptre off Costco about 5 months ago. The monitor lasted maybe 3 weeks with use of about 5 hours a day. I returned it and got a LG 22" and haven't had 1 problem. The DVI port on Sceptre went out. I wouldn't go with Sceptre again after looking at all the people on newegg that had the same problem as I did.

22" mainboard/DVI fried on me so I gonna say buyer beware. Got the View Sonic with thanx to Costco return after it had dropped $100 bugs so I ended up saving an additional $50 after I returned my Scepter when it went bad.

eh, I'd take that with a grain of salt. I believe my Sceptre advertises 1000:1, which was fairly high at the time relative to other 20" LCDs, but it really doesn't seem that high contrast to me. I think some manufacturers "fudge" the numbers a bit, but I don't actually have this 24 so I can't say for sure on this one.

That said, $300 for 1920x1200 is kinda hard to argue with.

Considering the issues associated with the DVI port I would stay away from sceptre. 300$ is a lot of money that has been earned after hard work and I wouldn't want to spend it on something that has a known fault, but that's just my perception.

Considering the issues associated with the DVI port I would stay away from sceptre. 300$ is a lot of money that has been earned after hard work and I wouldn't want to spend it on something that has a known fault, but that's just my perception.

The issues stated here were not about the 24'' model and there (as far as I know) are no "known faults" with this monitor.

Not that I would buy it, its cheap crap, but for the price it looks nice.

Ive had bad experiences with sceptre. wouldnt recommend them. Their customer support blows as well.

Back