Sceptre 75" LCD $1100 - Walmart

westrock2000

[H]F Junkie
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Sceptre-U750CV-U-75-Class-4K-Ultra-HD-LED-TV-2160p-60Hz/55427162

Ordered this couple days ago, so no review yet (still waiting for delivery). Was looking for a Memorial Day sale to replace the 82" DLP we have (still going and looks stellar, but there are downsides to projection TV's).

It's a basic TV, no built-in smart stuff, which is fine with me. No HDR obviously. 60Hz. I'm not really interested in 4K at this moment, but having the physical pixels small helps reduce the visibility of them. I always appreciated that with DLP, you can't see the distinction between the pixels like you can on a 1080p flat panel.

Got the 4 year replacement warranty for $142 added. 75" TV with 4 year no hassle warranty for $1300.....sounds good.

It's 40% the cost of the most TV's this size. And going with something in the 82"-83" is still in the $5-$6K range.

Please report back when you get it :).

FYI: only one reviewer on youtube for the 50" version and they claimed it has the "fake" 4k ala LG with 4:2:0 chroma. Should be perfectly fine for anything but displaying text.

This is what kept me from getting it. Not sure what it actually means for such a large TV to have "fake" 4k.

The guy reviewing it said it was actually great as a PC monitor (50" version) @ 60hz.

FYI: only one reviewer on youtube for the 50" version and they claimed it has the "fake" 4k ala LG with 4:2:0 chroma. Should be perfectly fine for anything but displaying text.

This is what kept me from getting it. Not sure what it actually means for such a large TV to have "fake" 4k.

The guy reviewing it said it was actually great as a PC monitor (50" version) @ 60hz.

4:2:0 displays are generally bad as PC monitors.

Ya I noticed there were no actual online reviews for this model. Trust me, coming from DLP, text quality will be an upgrade no matter what. The softness that made pictures look great was terrible for small text.

More power too ya... bet you don't need to run your furnace this winter with that thing running... Why anybody wants a TV half the length of their living room wall is beyond me :)

More power too ya... bet you don't need to run your furnace this winter with that thing running... Why anybody wants a TV half the length of their living room wall is beyond me :)

My parents have a 65" LG 4K and I have a 40" Samsung 4K... Neither run hot at all.

These aren't the days of plasma displays or huge CCFL backlit panels. Even big panels run fairly cool.

To each their own I guess, I could not go back to watching movies on anything other than my projector.

lol can't tell if you're being serious or not. Hopefully you're joking.

If the LG 77" OLED wasn't $20k when I was purchasing my 65" OLED then I would've been all over that. The bigger the better.

There's a curved Samsung qled open box 75" at my local Best Buy for $6000 ($8000 original!). Who's gonna jump on it?

Back