Sceptre 46" 1080P LCD $699 Costco

halcyon

Gawd
Link

*A 46” Panel is 20% larger in overall viewing area than a 42” panel and 56% larger than a 37” panel.

Limited Time Offer:
$200 discount is reflected in the price.

Valid for orders placed
February 27, 2009 through March 22, 2009.
While supplies last.

Online price

$899.99

Less

- $ 200.00

YOUR COST

$ 699.99
Learn about high definition blu-ray
Costco Concierge Services Technical Support Learn about DirecTV offers

The Sceptre 46” Full 1080P LCD HDTV, brings brilliant life like imaging to your fingertips. Whether for professional for residential applications, the Sceptre 46” is a perfect fit.

Features:

Costco extends manufacture warranty to 2 years
Returns accepted within 90 days from date of purchase
Screen Size: 46" diagonal
Aspect Ratio: 16:9
Resolution: 1920 x 1080
Contrast Ratio: 8000:1
Brightness: 550 cd/m2
Response Time: 6 ms
Viewing Angle (HxV) 178° x 178°
HDTV Compatibility: 1080P, 1080i, 720P, 480P
Tuner: NTSC/ATSC/QAM
De-interlace: 3D, SRC (Scan Rate Conversion)
Noise Reducing Core Technology: 3D Digital Comb Filter, Digital Noise Reduction
PIP/POP
Dimensions (WxHxD): 44.98” x 31.35” x 10.7” (w/ stand), 44.98” x 28.65” x 4.82”
Weight: 83.8 lbs (w/ stand), 71 lbs (w/ stand)

Audio:

Built-in speakers 10 watts per Channel

Inputs/ Outputs:

HDMI x4
Component x2
S-Video x1
VGA, Stereo in x1
USB 2.0 In x1
S/PDIF out (optical) x1
Headphone Jack x1

[Model X46BV-1080P]

Shipping is listed as 69.99.

nice. The only setback is is that I've heard Sceptre's customer support is horrible.

nice. The only setback is is that I've heard Sceptre's customer support is horrible.

They are and their TV's are not good quality.

I've had to send mine back 3 times. Second time they replaced it and that one was bad. Third time they sent it back to me untouched. They outright refused to fix the problem, so I was out one LCD TV. It took forever to get customer service to let me get an RMA on the unit any of the 3 times.

Sceptre televisions also suffer from temporary burn-in, the dreaded image persistence that modern monitors and TV's have (for the most part) evolved past.

They certainly work at least. If you absolutely need a 46" TV, make sure you are able to bring it back to Costco for a long period of time (Best warranty they offer, if any).

But for $699, expect to get your money's worth on this unit.

Costco is utter pwnage at returns. Don't like it? Return it within 90 days (3 months!!) and get a cash refund - like an ATM, but better since they won't ask questions, not even a "is there somefing wrong wit it".

But this TV... luls. Hopefully one of you doesn't get my return. 2 or 3 dead/stuck pixels, 1 bright red dead center. Buzzing PSU noise like it was gonna tear my wall out and electrocute me. Quality is also kinda crappy. HDMI 4 didn't work, casing is uber plasticky and glossy, like cheap cheap Insignia glossy plastic. Doesn't look that good in person either. It played my XBox 360 fine though, but I returned it the night it landed on my doorstep.

If you're on the fence, just buy it. This shit is the real "risk-free" deal, and you'll always regret it if you passed just cuz of doubt. I'm glad I got it cuz' I can speak from experience and not outta my ass quoting people.

Back