Sceptre 20" wide from Costco

Reagent

Limp Gawd
This thing any decent for games? Pretty cheap for a 20" wide LCD i thought. 319 AR.

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11097928&whse=BC&topnav=&browse=

Display:
  • Screen Size: 20.1" WSXGA+ TFT LCD
  • Resolution: 1680 x 1050
  • Pixel Pitch: 0.25mm
  • Brightness: 300nit cd/m²
  • Contrast Ratio: 800:1
  • Output Color: 16.7 million colors
  • Viewing Angle: 176° H/176° V
  • Response time: 8ms
Input Connection:
  • DVI 24-pin connector (480p, 720p and 1080i/1080p)
  • VGA 15-pin mini D-Sub

Well first don't forget shipping and taxes for Costco. More likely to end up being $370-380 after that. As for the monitor itself? I don't know YET, but I'll let you know on Thursday when my monitor arrives. I have heard it is actually pretty damn good. It has SOME ghosting, but no worse than any of its competitors and the models selling now have the new firmware already installed so no more jittering. I got mine for $350 shipped from Newegg. Oh and if you do get it make sure to register it with Sceptre quickly.

I wouldn't have to pay shipping, have a Costco nearby. Would have to pay about 26 bucks in taxes though.

So 350 bucks from the Egg isn't a bad deal to not have to worry about MIR.

The only thing about costco I like Is I could abuse the monitor, spray paint it green use it for 6 years take it back and get a full refund.

That realy is why I was thinking about grabbing it, if it sucks or breaks ever, I could always return it and get a Dell, or Viewsonic one from them.

Go for it then. If you are a member and can grab it then GRAB it!! It doesn't have the stand features that the Dell has, but grab it and try it out and see what you think.

I saw the Sceptre on display, then went to Best Buy and saw the ViewSonics and the LG and NEC all displayed together. I ended up with the LG, very bright, clear, 4ms 300cd/m2 1400:1 contrast ratio and only $330- on sale.

LG makes some decent monitors, but those are TN+Film monitors (figure they have to be given the 160 degree viewing angle) very different beasts. I'll buy that 1400:1 ratio when Tom's tests it because if it is actually that good then it has the best black level of any LCD.

BigGreenMat said:
LG makes some decent monitors, but those are TN+Film monitors (figure they have to be given the 160 degree viewing angle) very different beasts. I'll buy that 1400:1 ratio when Tom's tests it because if it is actually that good then it has the best black level of any LCD.
link?

is this lg glossy?

When you get the sceptre, write a review. I know im not going to have any problems with this babe, so i think ill go with it even though its $$$ http://www.buy.com/prod/Acer_AL2032...80X1050_800_1_8ms_ET/q/loc/101/201955864.html

It was the 19" LG but now I've changed my mind. The first LG had 2 bad pixels on it, took it back and got another one, it had one bad pixel on it. I didn't want to spend a lot to get another brand but the Geek Squad manager said they have a lot of LG's come back within a year with defects so I traded up $60- more to a Samsung 930B, it's response is 8ms but I notice no difference in speed, especially in games where I thought there would be a difference. The differences I do notice are... it's built much sturdier, it weighs at least 11lbs more than the LG's. The colors, contrast, brightness are much much easier to adjust and overall things look much better. I agree with the statement about 1400:1 contrast on the LG, I think that's much over stated, the contrast on this 930B is just as good. The LG also had a little problem with the backlighting and this one doesn't black is pitch black and white is as white as a clean t-shirt in the sunlight.

Back