• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Sceptre 20 inch widescreen

falcon26

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jul 21, 2005
Messages
128
I'm really really tempted to get this monitor from my local Costco (Fremont Ca). I have a credit from them for about $50 so I could almost get this monitor for like $350 out the door which would be nice considering Dell Gateway and a few others sell their widescreens for about $200 more, yet their specs are lower than the sceptre. I play Bf2 alot and also surf the internet alot. Is this monitor worth it to do these things? Anyone using this LCD if you could give me your thoughts that would be great....


Thanks, Falcon26
 
I just bought this LCD from the Costco in SF for a total of about ~410. I will let you know what i think. So far I have not yet had time to watch a HD movie/Play games
 
The screen is fine, but the quality built is cheap. Buy one, try it, you dont like it, return it for a full refund. Easy as apple pie :D
 
So far I have tried the DVD Van Helsing on this monitor. To me it looked fine. I thought I saw it stutter once in a while but I am not sure if it is my imagination after reading all the posts saying how much this muter stutters or if it really did stutter.
 
i was at costco, and got a chance to touch and look at the monitor... materials seemed very cheap to me, there was also the 21in gateway widescreen on display, and the quality was night and day
 
Just came from my local costco (Fremont Ca) they don't carry them, they told me only on the website which is a bunch of BS. But anyway they didn't have them. They did have the gateway one it was like $600 :-(
 
{NcsO}ReichstaG said:
So far I have tried the DVD Van Helsing on this monitor. To me it looked fine. I thought I saw it stutter once in a while but I am not sure if it is my imagination after reading all the posts saying how much this muter stutters or if it really did stutter.


How is gameplay?
 
havand said:
How is gameplay?
yet to experiment. I tried playing so far a little FarCry and it seems "okay" might be some ripping when I lead to the side over and over again quickly but nothing too bad. But then i am coming from a crappy 17" Impression 7 Plus CRT. i might return this LCD, might not. Having trouble deciding
 
falcon26 said:
Just came from my local costco (Fremont Ca) they don't carry them, they told me only on the website which is a bunch of BS. But anyway they didn't have them. They did have the gateway one it was like $600 :-(

That's odd, at the Costco near me in Arundel Mills in Maryland, there was a stack of over 20 of these things at the end of an aisle.
 
Well...I tried playing farcry and AOE3 as well as watching some High Def (1080p) clips from Microsoft High Def collection. The performance is really not bad. I might have been able to detect a rip/tear/stutter (my imagination?) but nothing really bad or annoying. And this monitor is about $230 cheaper than the Gateway (with tax included)..so it really does not seem to be a bad deal.
 
Back
Top