SCCM 2007 SP2 install

ciggwin

Supreme [H]ardness
I'm trying to install Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager 2007 SP2 on my Windows 2003 SP2 server. I have already installed Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Standard. The purpose of this is so I can run Microsoft Forefront Endpoint Protection for my company.

My server name is MFEP. My report server instance is MSSQLSERVER. My instance name is FOREFRONT.

When I run the prerequisite check, I receive this error:

Either the user account running Configuration Manager Setup does not have sysadmin SQL Server role permissions on the SQL Server instance targeted for site database installation or the SQL Server instance could not be contacted to verify permissions. Setup cannot continue.

This is what it looks like before I run the prerequisite check:

captureafe.jpg

I am logged on as user domain\forefront and this user is a local administrator on the server. I have also added the server itself to the local administrator group (it was suggested on one of the Microsoft Technet forums, but obviously hasn't fixed the issue). All the SQL services are running as this user as well.

Does anyone have any clue WTF is wrong? I have been looking online and trying things for about 6 hours. :mad:

Posted via Mobile Device

is the frefront user a sysadmin inside sql? it seems pretty obvious where the error lies

is the frefront user a sysadmin inside sql? it seems pretty obvious where the error lies

Yeah it seems obvious, but I cannot figure out how to make the forefront user a sysadmin inside SQL. If you know, please share :)

you go into the sql management studio and add the domain/forefront user. You then give that user the permissions you want them to have inside sql.

http://blog.sqlauthority.com/2008/1...r-to-sysadmin-role-add-users-to-system-roles/

Thank you.

I installed the SQL Server Management Studio because I had not previously installed it. I was able to check the permissions for my domain\forefront user and it was already enabled for "public" and "sysadmin" like the site you linked shows to do. I then ran the prerequisite check and the same error appears. I then checked every role for the domain\forefront user in SQL Server Management Studio to try that, and ended with the same error.

At this point I am wondering if maybe the SQL database is not running, I am typing something in wrong, or something else entirely is messed up. Any ideas for troubleshooting?

All SQL services are running except SQL Server Browser. Not sure what other information I can provide.

As an update to this I was just typing the wrong information in the first box...

All I had to type was MFEP

I then had to go through a whole bunch of other shit that took about 3 days in order to get Forefront installed :p Fun times! But I learned a lot :)

Back