Scalding Acer 22" WS $190

"minimum 6 per store"
nice

And store doesn't open until 11AM. So there *might* be some left at noon. Anyway, Im gonna go down and grab one at opening.

My local stores are out of stock, so mine should be here in about a week... $205 shipped is still a damn good price for a nice LCD (I use the same exact LCD at work)

all 11 stores in my area are supposedly out of stock based ont he website.. that, or they are not allowing online order and pickup.. I went ahead and ordered one online for 221$ shipped, and im having my bro go see if he can grab another thismorning..

all 11 stores in my area are supposedly out of stock based ont he website.. that, or they are not allowing online order and pickup.. I went ahead and ordered one online for 221$ shipped, and im having my bro go see if he can grab another thismorning..

They're probably just not listing them online for in-store pickup. That way they can try to coerce you into buying more crap when you go in to pick up the LCD.

Just got back from BB. Got my monitor. There was some confusion about models but they got it straightened out. The salesman on the floor didn't have a clue about the sale so he got me the wrong one. The cashier went and got the correct one. With my $10 reward zone certificate the total came to $194.34 including tax. Not a bad little score for a 22" LCD monitor. :D

Just got it from BB. Didn't think people would line up before the store opened. This monitor seems brighter than my 20.1 Sceptre.

Yeah, my bro just stopped by here and picked up money to get my monitor.. He said he got there and there was 15 people in line already..

20 Minutes later there was another 30 people..

CHRISTMAS COMES EARLY!!

yeah I went to the store at 11:30 and they were gone so I ordered two online (separate orders) so hopefully they allow it :) thanks for the deal

I just got back. I bought two of them, (one for my father for father's day). I'm not crazy about the stand. My Dell 19" has a stand that allows me to raise the monitor. I'd like to raise this one 3-4". Oh well, for $206 each it's hard to bitch.

I also had the "Geek Squad" guy test them for dead pixels. None!

Uhh... yeah... you don't connect them. rofl. Think.

I've never bought an LCD with built-in speakers cause they're weaksauce, but being "built-in" I figured they'd be preconnected internally. Next time lose the sarcastic douchbaggery.

scan0011fx7.jpg

WOOT
scored 3 this morning, after i paid i went to CS and had all them adjusted to 12% off= $167 for the 22" acer :D
they didnt even charge me the $8 recycling crap!

dual monitor here i come :D (again)

scan0011fx7.jpg

WOOT
scored 3 this morning, after i paid i went to CS and had all them adjusted to 12% off= $167 for the 22" acer :D

You ain't the "King of Coupons" for nothing...... :p

Argh!!!
They would not use the 12% coupon :(

Was this deal for the silver only?
I could not find any black :rolleyes:

scan0011fx7.jpg

WOOT

What the heck, how'd you do that? Did they dock 12% because of the price match?

I picked one up today and hooked up the DVI but got no signal. I switched to the analog and I am treated to watching my computer rebooting perpetually. I m sure I can disable restart on system failure, but I m at a loss as to where to go from there. I m running 2x 7600 GS in SLi, I have tried both cards but neither will work. I connected the Acer AL2223W to my back up computer which has integrated ATI x300 graphics and it worked fine (again with analog cable), albeit not at the 1680 x 1050 resolution. Anyone experiencing the same hell ? I cant even hook up my old monitor now, it just keeps restarting...

I picked up one last night and did a price match today. My girlfriend's mother liked it so much we got another 2 this morning for their house.

I like the monitor but it seems like the reds are "over vibrant". I'm sure this can be fixed somehow through software, but perhaps it is because I've only tried VGA instead of DVI (my laptop doesn't have DVI-out). I tried lowering contrast and playing with the monitor settings themselves for about 20 minutes but didn't have much luck. I'll check it out on DVI on my desktop at home to see if there is any improvement.

Other than that, I like this monitor. Too bad it isn't in black with a glossy screen, though.

argh, my tiny BB (in auburn) didnt' even carry that model (OR the samsung 226 which I would have bought) so I couldn't get it. I did order it online for 212 shipped. I suppose I could have done store pickup to save 15 bucks on shipping, but I'm lazy and I figure thats still 50$ off neweggs price, so huzzah.

I was all set to pick one up yesterday - I had agreed to pick up my little sister from our parent's house and take her to see Pirates 3 in the same outing and everything. None in stock. :( I ended up ordering on off the website - $217 isn't bad but it's not 189. Oh well, I'm looking forward to the new monitor.

glad to see a lot of folks getting this unit
I would pick one up for the wife, but we're starting the house buying thing and have been spending WAY too much money as it is

one dead pixel so far that ive seen on mine. Its a red one in the top left hand corner. One thing i dont like is that i need a button to switch from dvi to vga like my last monitor. I have my pc dvi and my wifes vga but we use the same monitor.

So some was able to use the coupon and others couldn't?

They wouldn't take mine, they said a monitor is not a accessory :mad:

I went to pick one up at the Best Buy on Garth Road in Baytown, TX, and they only had one, so I went ahead and bought it, but when I went over to Geek Squad and had them check for stuck/dead pixels for free, there was a nice bright green pixel in the left-middle of the screen.

I just drove across the street and got the 22" Acer from OD for 220 after rebates(this includes tax).

I have to put the 70 dollar rebate in the mail soon though.

I just picked up mine earlier today and it is kick ass!

It should just be plug and play aintskerd

Picked one up this morning, so much for they open at 11. Got there and they were open since 10. :(
But they still had a couple left.

Hooked it up and its working great except that its blurred. DVI, primary screen in a dual monitor setup. The 20" is perfect, but for some reason the acer refuses to use normal scaling (the problem, I think) instead of nvidia scaling.

Just got mine. Played Rainbow 6 vegas and some Guild Wars. Seems to be pretty good. No dead pixels at all.

For those that need to know, my Best Buy store did NOT have these monitors on DISPLAY, nor did they have a price tag advertising these models. But they had about 6 boxes with the AL2223W code model on them. Kinda wierd, you would think that they would want to get rid of them to make way for the new model.

I managed to snag 1 online for 221$ shipped and had my bro pick me up one for 205$..

Overall.. I now have 22+22+17 (61) inches of widescreen madness on my laptop.. muahaha...
Im gonna have to modify my desk to get it to fit it all..

Now, How do I get halflife to span all three.....

I jumped on two of them, one for me and one for my son. Replaced some 21" crt's, so I was kinda worried, but they are great. I was able to use my coupon on one of them too, plus I had 35 bucks in best buy reward zone coupons. So out the door with tax on both was just under $350...woot

I just got back about an hour ago from picking one up. I checked all of the local stores online and none showed they had this one in stock. I called the Holmdel NJ store and the guy said he had a few but couldnt hold one. When I got there I saw they had 8 or so on the top shelf. $215.00 for the monitor, tax and a cleaning kit. This replaced my LG L204WT. Great monitor for the price, and no dead pixels. I didnt know you could have them test for dead pixels in store but I got lucky.

Well.. I picked up 2 of them , 1 was for a friend. We have both experienced bigtime ghosting in all games...So to everyone out there thats saying, "theres no ghosting" I say it depends on who you ask. Both of these are heading back to BB right now!

I swung by BB earlier to take a gander at one of these. I went into the store with every intention of buying one. But the construction quality of the base pretty much killed it for me.

Meh...

I bought one from Office Depot for $199.95 after rebate and I get 5% cash rebate of that total as well, so it's a wash. I admit the stand leaves a lot to be desired, but once I set a monitor up, I usually never mess with it excepot for cleanings....and besides, I look at the screen, not the stand. I think I paid $478 or $378 for my first Dell 20.1 wide aspect, so this one is a steal. That gives me two 20.1's with a 22 sandwiched in between....geek heavendom :p

I swung by BB earlier to take a gander at one of these. I went into the store with every intention of buying one. But the construction quality of the base pretty much killed it for me.

Meh...

last time i checked, the lcd screen was the important part of a monitor, not the base, which just sits there. and if its the important, get one from a dell lcd, many people remove the bases and wall mount them or put them on arms. http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?sofocus=bs&sbrftog=1&from=R10&_trksid=m37&satitle=dell+lcd+stand&sacat=-1%26catref%3DC6&sargn=-1%26saslc%3D2&sadis=200&fpos=ZIP%2FPostal&ftrt=1&ftrv=1&saprclo=&saprchi=&fsop=1%26fsoo%3D1&coaction=compare&copagenum=1&coentrypage=search

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I really wanted to like this monitor, but the ghosting killed it for me. For a fair comparison we took my buddy's samsung thats got a 4ms response time and hooked it up and the samsung was just flat out better..no ghosting at all. It's really weird too, I had heard from all kinds of review/comments that this monitor exhibited no ghosting. My buddy and I took ours back with no hassle, thats the only good thing about buying from BB and CC , you usually get to take stuff back no questions asked. I'm not trying to dog anyone who got this monitor, and if you guys that bought it think that it does not ghost , more power to you. To anyone thinking about purchasing it just check out a model on display, grab a window and drag it in tiny circles and you will see the ghosting.

bought my monitors yesterday. took back for price adjust today. got the sale price and the coupon the (2) 22' i bought cost 170 ea plus tx and the 19" wids i got was 123 after tax.

diggin it.

Back