• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

SBS Exchange & email question...

hmm, I know that is run after sharepoint updates, didn't realize it would touch exchange (or more likely IIS).
 
hmm, I know that is run after sharepoint updates, didn't realize it would touch exchange (or more likely IIS).

yap it fixed both, and it was on the list to resolve the shadow copying error i get when doing backups...


sbs-backup-error.jpg
 
You know Dash. I did owe you a favour for the Stereo install, you could have call me up and I could have fixed this for you in like 3 minutes :p
 
Not sure if anyone else mentioned this but you can add multiple exchange accounts within the same Outlook profile with Outlook 2010 and if you have the iPhone, you'll be able to add them there as well. It'll solve the issue with email not being seen when a rule sends it to a folder on the phone and will allow you to send email out as the seperate users when you need to.
 
Not sure if anyone else mentioned this but you can add multiple exchange accounts within the same Outlook profile with Outlook 2010 and if you have the iPhone, you'll be able to add them there as well. It'll solve the issue with email not being seen when a rule sends it to a folder on the phone and will allow you to send email out as the seperate users when you need to.

I might be buying a new phone in october, maybe a windows phone or a Andrio htc one x.

Screw iphone..
 
... get off this forum! :p
But I think all those phones can do multiple exchange accounts

Not sure what im going to do for a phone, i have a iphone 3gs right now and its so god dam slow it drives me nuts...

the Nokia 900 is a neat phone

nokia-lumia-900.jpg
 
Not sure if anyone else mentioned this but you can add multiple exchange accounts within the same Outlook profile with Outlook 2010 and if you have the iPhone, you'll be able to add them there as well. It'll solve the issue with email not being seen when a rule sends it to a folder on the phone and will allow you to send email out as the seperate users when you need to.

Do i setup the email account in the sbs console or in exchange ?

I've been messing around with this, and it's not working the way i want it with the rules.

I've tried it with rules in OWA and on outlook. I think I simply need mail boxes per email account NOT rules for aliased email addresses..
 
Rules work fine man.... it's really easy.

Create some folders under your inbox.
Create a rule for the subject or sender address or whatever.
Tell the rule to automatically move the messages from that sender or with that subject to said folder.

I've used this for years on several different types of exchange and it's always worked flawlessly.
 
Rules work fine man.... it's really easy.

Create some folders under your inbox.
Create a rule for the subject or sender address or whatever.
Tell the rule to automatically move the messages from that sender or with that subject to said folder.

I've used this for years on several different types of exchange and it's always worked flawlessly.

I know how to make rules that's not the issue.

The issue is if i open owa the rules work. If i go into outlook the rules DONT work.

What a pita Exchange is LOL
 
I know how to make rules that's not the issue.

The issue is if i open owa the rules work. If i go into outlook the rules DONT work.

What a pita Exchange is LOL

Well you've got something wrong obviously... i have a ton of these rules and they work everywhere, Outlook, OWA, iPhone, etc. It's all server side. I created the rules from Outlook.
 
Well you've got something wrong obviously... i have a ton of these rules and they work everywhere, Outlook, OWA, iPhone, etc. It's all server side. I created the rules from Outlook.

I'll create a rule tomorrow and do screen shot for shot, see where i'm going wrong..
 
I don't want to create users then I would go over my 5 ( free ) users that come with sbs

talking to dave last night I could make aliases HOWEVER that's not going to work to well either.

If I have dash@dashpuppy.com my main email and everything else forwards to that, then I have a issue with folders and rules. I tried this lastnight, with my ipad I see the mail however it all goes into inbox until I open outlook then it gets all sorted and put into their folders. Same thing with owa/

Create the rules in OWA, not Outlook, then they were run on the server, and not just when Outlook is running.

I know how to make rules that's not the issue.

The issue is if i open owa the rules work. If i go into outlook the rules DONT work.

What a pita Exchange is LOL

You must be using POP or something. IMAP, MAPI, RCP/HTTPS will all replicate your folders into Outlook. Make sure you are using "Outlook Anywhere"
 
Last edited:
Back
Top