SBC/AT&T DSL CUSTOMERS: Elite pro available today @ 29.99 per month!

NoxTek

The Geek Redneck
http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/060426/20060426005231.html?.v=1

I just called 1-877-SBC-DSL5 and upgraded my service with absolutely no hassle, took less than 10 minutes.

6mbit/768kbit speeds for $29.99 a month... finally SBC/ATT are giving the cable companies some real competition! :D

The associate I spoke with also chatted with me a bit about Project Lightspeed (Fiber To The Curb) and said plans are in full force right now to get it deployed. Apparently they have it up in Richardson, TX and the customers are really happy with the speed. Who knows how long it will take to get fiber in my little asscrack of the woods though.

This ended up being a nice free speed bump for me since it was time for me to re-rate on another yearly contracted deal. I was already paying $29.99 for Express (3mb/512kbit) on last year's contract that just expired.

w00t! :D

I ordered it a few days ago, but I ended up paying a bit more, I think $39 before taxes and BS. In order to quality for the lower rate, they said I had to order a bunch of other shit I didn't want. Mine should be turned up on Tuesday. It ended up only being $3-4 more per month that the Pro speed I already had. Express speed is 1.5/384.

Too bad it's the phone company. You know, the same people crying about a tiered internet model. Oh, and they are the same ones breathing heavy on the other end of the line ( or maybe they are just providing the service so the NSA can do that ).

You people who are giving sbc/att money are perpetuating the problem.

XOR != OR said:
Too bad it's the phone company. You know, the same people crying about a tiered internet model. Oh, and they are the same ones breathing heavy on the other end of the line ( or maybe they are just providing the service so the NSA can do that ).

What, as opposed to those swell guys over at the cable company? The bandwidth problem is going to exist with any company.

Besides, the articles you are refering to in genmay wern't aimed directly at sbc/att. Their comment was they were not limiting anyone infact. The NSA article was aimed at Verizon.

That being said, I don't have an option for broadband anyways. TWC(our local cable company) doesn't serve my apartment complex. It's DSL or nothing where I'm at.

I am literally so excited right now you have no idea. 6 mbs?! YES! I have been downloading 'a file' for 2 days now at about 20kbps and I'm only 58% done... I literally am shaking from adrenaline right now. Jeeze I'm pathetic. Ah!

XOR != OR said:

Oh puhhhhleeeeze. :rolleyes: I'm going to resist the urge to don a flamesuit and get into a discussion on this topic especially one where opinions tend to go to flagrant extremes.

Please do us all a favor and go make your own thread or something and keep this nonsense out of mine. Don't piss in my fucking cheerios.

Wow..I just called and upgraded an insurance company client of mine from the regular 1500 to the Elite package...the SBC sales girl didn't tell me about this..they're payin 79/month. LOL. Oh..and I'm stuck with the 2Wire modem they sent..yay..that'll be tossed aside in a hurry.

Fiber to the curb, if you are in a small town, don't hold your breath. SWB stopped upgrading the lines in my town after the city put in a cable company. I think you can get DSL in an 8 block area. It is a shame too, because it is faster than the 512k "broadband" the city offers. That has everything restricted by the way, no Vonage, BT, and mmo's run like crap. Great internet.

YeOldeStonecat said:
Wow..I just called and upgraded an insurance company client of mine from the regular 1500 to the Elite package...the SBC sales girl didn't tell me about this..they're payin 79/month. LOL. Oh..and I'm stuck with the 2Wire modem they sent..yay..that'll be tossed aside in a hurry.

Meh, I havent had all that bad of luck with the 2Wire Homeportals although I still prefer the good ol' EN Speedstream units myself.

Shoot that reminds me I need to put these 5360s up for sale :D

Blue Falcon said:
Meh, I havent had all that bad of luck with the 2Wire Homeportals although I still prefer the good ol' EN Speedstream units myself.

Shoot that reminds me I need to put these 5360s up for sale :D

OMG I hate my 2wire. It just randomely disconnects itself and reconnects it self at certain intervals during the day. Its really fucking annoying, exspecially if im doing some online gaming!!!

Must tell my parents about this, mmmm 6mbit goodness!!!

YeOldeStonecat said:
Those were awesome!

I love 'em, a bit dated today but still hold their own. I remember when they first came out how happy I was to see a DSL modem that wasn't a dumb bridge and actually did all the PPoE crap onboard. :eek:

Of course most of us these days use a third party router and operate out modems in bridged mode anyway. :D

My mom wants to know if it requires another 12 month contract if I upgrade to this. I called, but they are closed. How can I tell?

DarkStar02 said:
My mom wants to know if it requires another 12 month contract if I upgrade to this. I called, but they are closed. How can I tell?

Yes, it does.

o0akoni0o said:
is there a number to call to change your current plan or can you do it online?

1-877-SBC-DSL5

(1-877-722-3755)

There IS an online upgrade page somewhere but it never worked for me and always told me I needed to call to upgrade my service.

Damn, I finally gave in and ordered a T1 for one of my offices that could only get 3000/512 through SBC as the fastest broadband in the area. All I really needed was 768 up. Now I'll have 1500/1500 to play with(not to mention $400 a month bill....).

Muhahahaha my DSL modem just reset itself, I guess the new speed plan just went into effect:

noxspeedtest.png

:snicker::snicker::snicker:

Back