SB700 , SB750, ICHR9R, ICHR10R raid 0 performance ?

Michaelius

Supreme [H]ardness
Is there any diffrence for raid 0 performance when using one of the controllers built into those southbridges ?

Make sure you stay away with Promise T3 on board. I tested the same hard drives in Raid 0 between Promise T3 and the SB600 onboard controller and the SB600 out performed the Promise by at least twice as much. I got like 220+mb/sec read with the SB600 and the Promise got 110ish mb/sec. I heard a lot of good things about the ICHRxR controllers and I like my SB600 so I bet the 700 and 750 should perform about the same.

Hmm that's interesting becouse I've read people saying to stay away from sb600 for raid.

But if it can get 220 mb/s then it would be pretty good as I already have SB600 on mobo.

Yea I haven't read much about the SB600 just about the ICHRxR controller. I got the motherboard as a xmas gift so I can't complain(MSI K9A2 Plat) Here is a pic of my Raid 0 with 64blocks
Raid0.jpg

In RAID 0 you prolly won't see much difference. It's when you start running RAID 5 when the controller has to start doing a lot of calculations where you will see a difference.

Don

Back