A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!
No, it's not either of those. It's actually a proprietary cable, but it looks VERY similar to an IDE cable. When you compare them side by side, you'll notice the creative cable is wider.
Its a IDE cable, but 3 differences. It only has 2 connectors, its longer than normal, and ALL of the wires are connected. In a standard IDE cable there is one wire disconnected and hole on the connector blocked.
You can use a IDE cable provided you can find a 2 connector cable that has all 40 wires connected to pins the connectors. They are out there, I know because I found a rounded one.
Search on Creative's own forums. I found a link to order mine there! http://forums.creative.com You want the SoundBlaster forum.