SB Audigy Driver CD

[TC]Quicksilver

Limp Gawd
I was wondering if anyone out there could give me a hand with a slight problem. It seems my original driver CD got fucked up somehow, which is giving me problems because I want to install Playcenter off the disk for the uber fast MP3 ripping. I already tried downloading shit, and contacting Creative, and all that bullshit to failure, so don't bother telling me to go do that.

What I am wondering is if anyone could make an image of the CD and hook me up. Here's what my CD looks like, if it helps:
audigycd.jpg

Let me ask you something:
Did you try downloading the apps from creative, and then when you ran the install, it gave you an error that said something like no prior version was found on your system?

Yeah, it wants me to install the Live! DriverPack, which for shits and grins, I went ahead and tried, then it says I have to have the Audigy DriverPack installed. It's a great big driver circle jerk. Do you know some way around this maybe I haven't tried, or do you just have the same problem? I never had the problem when I installed the stuff off the CD, but d/l'ing it and trying doesn't want to work. Creative TS doesn't seem to have a clue enough to help someone's way out of a paper bag.

First, I'd just like to say that I think it's shity the way Creative treats their customers.
They make a very nice product, but, because of crap like this, I will never spend another dime with them. They can go pound sand up their asses.
I mean, seriously. Do you know of any other hardware vender that intentionally makes it difficult to obtain drivers for the HARDEWARE YOU BOUGHT FROM THEM?

Anyway, if you don't have WinRAR installed, do it now. (WinZip might work too, I dunno. RAR is a much better).
Now, go to creative and download all the files relevant to your card. They call them upgrades, or updates, and they come as .exe files. Don't run them!
Right click on them, and use WinRAR to extract them to a folder. When you've done that, and go to that folder, one of the first things you will see is the Web Installer. This is the little guy that Creative sent to fuck you. He's what searches your system for an existing install.
Ignore him, and search around in the subfolders for setup.exe. It's in there. Run it, and it will treat it like a fresh install. Life is good.

But, just for the record..
Please, please don't use that shit to rip/encode .mp3's
There is freeware out there (EAC + Lame is a good place to start) that does so much better. I mean like 1000% better.

Crappy .mp3's hurt everyone..

Hehehe. I just checked out that DB Poweramp. Good proggie, and I like how it can extract stuff to a customizable directories (especially with the library I keep). Anyway, I think I'll use this for a while. I got spoiled with the rip times PlayCenter had (whole CD in under 2 minutes). I went back to Audiocatalyst for a while, but it disagrees with WinXP's ASPI. If DB Poweramp does something to displease me, I'll try your suggestion, but I think this'll work good for now. Thanks for the help.

Personally, I'd go with onboard sound at this point since it's gotten so good, but I use my Audigy drive a lot for audio production, so I'm sorta stuck until someone can create a cost effective alternative.

PM me if you need the CD image. I can get the image later in the day......

Back