• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

SB Audigy 2 ZS problems..

Diablo

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Oct 1, 2002
Messages
1,564
Just bought a new one off my friend, it worked perfectly fine for him @ his house before I bought it, and transit was very safe/ delicate foamed in a static bag.

My problem is all I can hear is static, pure static, and you can just barely make out any sound in it, it is loud and it hurts... I was just wondering what kind of things could cause such issues... any ideas ? (I am using t7700 7.1's. (my headphones are perfectly fine though. JVC's HG 55's....
 
my Audigy1 used to do something like this. I think messing with the channel selection (2.0,4.0,5.1... etc) might fix this, but may come back. Also check the Dolby Decoding options.

might be drivers . simce I don't have that problem anymore
 
Latest Drivers = installed... I am new to Creative cards.. I have always used the Hercules Fortissimo series & Santa Cruz (Turtle Beach).... I have no idea how to play with the dolby decoding options******...... Any more tips on how to do this ? :eek:

ALL you hear is a scratching noise/static noise........... and faintly in the background you hear the music/ sounds.. but just barely and it sounds semi distorted.. as if it were fluxing or something.. (i tired swapping from 7.1 to 5.1 ect... no go on that solution. IF anyone has any idea.. or if the card is somehow damaged./... ? (which is highly doubtful..
 
do you have the whole bloated creative suite of sh*t? or just the drivers and/or console. If you've got the bloated piece of sh*t package installed, do me a favor and try this. ON the same screen where you select Speaker config, there should be a TEST button. It should cycle through all the channels confirming their operation. Do this, listen, is it clear, are some channels missing? Secondly, do this while playing an MP3 or some other simple audio file, does the sound clear up during the TEST procedure!?

Hope you can try this, this used to clear up my sound, when I ran TEST ... anyway, I dont have the console, or the software suite installed, just drivers so I can't remember WTF I used to do to fix this. Ugh it hurts my brain ... and it sucks you've got this issue ... cuz I know in your mind you think the card's busted ... but it's got somethin to do with the decoder ... but my mind's fried .. sorry ... someone HELP!
 
1) I hope you uninstalled all the old soundcard drivers first. :)

2) Run the diagnostics. You also have the option to reset all settings here.

3) Make sure you aren't plugged into the Digital-Out port.
 
My friend mis placed the stickers on the card...... :p , Problem almost fixed, I am now just trying to get my mid rear left going and my front right. Once those 2 work ill be all set. thanks a good bunch everyone.
 
kewl !!! glad you're it's gettin there for ya ... the Audigy's are a pain once in a while ... you'd think from such a big company and almost no competition, they'd have their hardware/resoftware issues down! But we all know otherwise
 
Back
Top