• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

SB 5ghz Tri-fire issues with eyefinity

mantic69

n00b
Joined
Oct 16, 2011
Messages
31
As the name suggests I have a 2600k SB running at 5+ghz, ssd's, 16gb ram CL8, 6990+6970, asus p8z68-deluxe, 2 x psu's, water cooling, no temp issues... pcie is 8x8x8 with this configuration.. 11.9's with cap1, tried drivers down to 11.5, I've tried pretty much every driver combo on the market, I've been at it for 3 weeks and no joy! And I've pulled the cards, tried it without x-fire it just ends up being slower in fps, switched cables, tried new x-fire bridges, I've tried pretty much near on everything! Cards o/c, card's not o/c, cpu o/c cpu not o/c... the combo's never end, all ends up the bloody same!

The problem I swear is eyefinity!

It runs like a slug at 5760x1080p with 4xMSAA and 16xAF
This rig runs fine at 4800x900 with everything on though, but it looks like crap!!
Even 2xMSAA and no AF there are performance issues @ 1080p! I can see stutter, or somecrap, and no it's not screen tear... Everything suggests I'm doing 200+ FPS but I can clearly see it's not!! I swear it's at a crawl at 20fps!!
Now only 2 other persons see this, the rest of the general populace seem to think it's wikid! and no bog! So microstutter bad would be my guess... but 200fps is actually 30fps worth of poo...

And before I get started, yes it is super sweet with one monitor... no issues, no bog, no stutter no anything. Yes I've trolled the net, I've trolled this forum and I'm not about to shotgun the net with this issue, seeing the people here seem to have some kind of knowledge :D

Anyhow I digress...

The problem above happens near on in every "NEW" game but old games, I would seem to think that with this kind of power that I could run pretty much anything on the market!

Unless someone has some kinda ultra cool radeon pro settings, I am at wits end on how to make this rig work sweet. I have benchmarked it, time and time again, tweak this, tweak that, I cannot get this thing any quicker, it is super quick!! Just not in games with Eyefinity!! Hell I'm top 30 on 3dmark11! I smash pretty much most benchmarks, so I am at a loss as to why I cannot game at proper eyefinity 1080p.

Please for the love of god, someone wave they're 'arry potter wand and give me a fix!! :)
 
Last edited:
Scratch all that, 11.10 preview with cap2 and bandicam set to 90fps fixed almost everything...

Still tiny stutter, but this is what I would expect to get with 5760x1080 16AF x 4MSAA
 
Glad to hear the driver helped....

Just to clarify, you mean 11.9 CAP2, correct? I'll have to try that on my rig (VERY similar to yours) and see if it gives me a boost as I'm running 11.9 CAP1 right now
 
Glad to hear the driver helped....

Just to clarify, you mean 11.9 CAP2, correct? I'll have to try that on my rig (VERY similar to yours) and see if it gives me a boost as I'm running 11.9 CAP1 right now

Yeah 11.9 CAP2 with 11.10 previews, default memory on the 6990's but upped the core's to 960, the 6970 runs default mem with a core of 950.

I also found that a setting of 70fps limit works best across the board, I'm able to play 16xAF and 4xAA on pretty much most things, even HAWX2 which is supposed to be Nvidia! and that's with full tessellation on! It also fixed problems in BFBC2, stutter lag, crap that I saw before which isn't there now... hell that runs like a champ now!!

I don't know what everyone is bitching about now this fps limiter is in effect!! :p

Also radeon pro gives issues with stuff, and seems to slow things down, and I've tried pretty much every combo, So I recommend staying away fromt that!

I have verified all of these findings on a similiar rig my mate has, and he is now jumping for joy at the speed boost these drivers and fps limiter have done! :D I call solid gaming till 1am a bonus, when work calls early ;)
 
Last edited:
You are having 3 cards in CFX but limiting it to 70fps? What is the framerate like without the limiter?
 
You are having 3 cards in CFX but limiting it to 70fps? What is the framerate like without the limiter?

Depends on the game, for instance TF2 can spike to nearly 700fps!

With 16xAF and 4xAA in BFBC2 I can hit 250 but drop to 58, which I see as minimum, I find that 70 is a good compromise in big battles, same goes for HAWX2

I've tried 90 and 120 fps limit, but I find at the AF and AA settings, it brings back the stutter, so my findings are the lower, the more consistant it is. So personal preference really, I'm only infant days of messing with the limiter, but it has got rid of that damn micro stutter and a lot of screen tear!

We all don't see the same, so what my settings do for me, don't work for everyone, my mates rig, he prefers 40fps, so go figure...
 
Last edited:
700fps shouldn't ever occur unless you've disabled the Source engine frame rate limiter, as by default all source engine games are capped at 299fps.
 
Yes, that command (I also use it, because I usually find frame rate limiters more of a hinderance than a help).
 
Back
Top