Saved Email

Lugztaz

[H]ard|Gawd
i need to know how to access my saved email in Outlook with out outlook, if that makes since, and i need your help asap!!

I would be interested in hearing some educated responses to this. I tried to save my .pst file and move it from one computer to another. But I had 2 user logons, so I had 2 .pst files. Regardless of whether I got mine and my wifes confused, neither one of them worked when I copied them to the file I had taken them from.

Yea for me, transfering .pst files always seems to sorta work... but not the way I'd like it

You would need access to your outlook.pst file. Make sure you can view hidden files ... If you're using win2k/XP it would be under C:\documents and settings\*user name*\local settings\application data\microsoft\outlook

you would need a 3rd party program like: http://www.mailnavigator.com/read_dbx_file.html.

I would be interested in hearing some educated responses to this. I tried to save my .pst file and move it from one computer to another. But I had 2 user logons, so I had 2 .pst files. Regardless of whether I got mine and my wifes confused, neither one of them worked when I copied them to the file I had taken them from.

Did you try importing it back into outlook? Also did you copy the PST under that directory above?

I find it works better to export a copy of the PST rather then just trying to copy it from computer to computer.

Good Luck!

Yes, I did copy it to the right folder. But I just deleted the one on the fresh XP install and copy and pasted the old .pst file.

Back