Save your pennies till Nov 11 06

Stoly

Supreme [H]ardness
G80 will be released in November 11 2006 during nvidia reality tour 06

nah since it will be official on nov 7 at geforce, i think this is for non local non 1337 people who couldnt call off work. Its a showoff after on the weekend (NOV 11 for CA). Its more of presentation/giveaway than a premier event. Hmm i wonder if i can request a day off for this if i dont win a g80 at geforce :)

lol at people who buy at launch with $200+ markups over retail. better be saving your silver dollars rather than pennies

I also belive it will cost more than $700 for the top dog, and $500 for under dog. :cool:

Martyr said:
lol at people who buy at launch with $200+ markups over retail. better be saving your silver dollars rather than pennies
There have been cases where cards have actually been offered at MSRP rather than a huge mark-up. Huge mark-ups only happen when a select few retailers have the cards and can therefore charge whatever they want because there is no competition. But if indications that this will be a substantial "hard" launch are accurate, price gouging shouldn't be a problem.

H

What is up with tech tours not reaching the East Coast? First the AMD Tech tour, and now the nVidia tech tour both share the same problems.

Where's coverage for DC, MD, VA? Having it in DC can cover all those areas. AMD Tech Tour was just *barely* in range, being in NJ this year (still a good 4 hour drive).

Mav451 said:
What is up with tech tours not reaching the East Coast? First the AMD Tech tour, and now the nVidia tech tour both share the same problems.

Where's coverage for DC, MD, VA? Having it in DC can cover all those areas.
QFT man! PA person here, and that's annoying. No lovin's for the East side.

-Ray

I registered for this yesterday.

I'll be driving down to San Jo a few time this month...
First GeForcelan 3
Second Nvidia Reality Tour
Third PS3 Camp Out.

Eulogy said:

-Ray

Hah at least you're *marginally* closer to NY...though it depends on what part of PA you're from.

Finally an OFFICIAL release date! No more speculation, this is straight from the horse's mouth!

Mav451 said:
Hah at least you're *marginally* closer to NY...though it depends on what part of PA you're from.
Johnstown... NY Border is ~4 hours. NYC is something along the lines of 7-7.5

-Ray

I was thinking of going to the Atlanta one, but it said that Florida residents weren't eligible for the giveaway. I don't know why? :(

It also said NY residents weren't eligible either, yet there is a stop in NYC?? I guess they'll just be going to non-locals? Heh.

sorry im out of the loop is g80 the dx10 line?

And if so, vista wont be out tell next year, so whats really the point? Just more speed? Becouse the price will definatly be down by then.

Also, will my amd4000 be ok with this? or will i have any bottleneck?

nickanderson said:
sorry im out of the loop is g80 the dx10 line?

And if so, vista wont be out tell next year, so whats really the point? Just more speed? Becouse the price will definatly be down by then.

Also, will my amd4000 be ok with this? or will i have any bottleneck?

We dont know if it be fully DX10 compliant. I remember there were some rumors going around that is only complies to half of the specifications or so. Not sure if that got cleared up officially, as I really havnt been following computer tech anymore as school work has been consuming my life......

It probably is though. Why design a next gen card on only half of DX10, exspecially if ATI has a fully compliant DX10 card in the makings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mav451

Where's coverage for DC, MD, VA? Having it in DC can cover all those areas.

-Ray

Ditto. I'm in Northern Virginia. I'd love it if a tech tour was held in the area.

Back