Save $5, Geometry Wars Free for PC!

Orange.exe said:
wow this is great! Using my ps2 controller. How is the 360 version of this?

Nearly the same. I'm playing with a PS controller as well.

I can't get past about $250K.

Once things start exploding on the screen every where at that score I can't see what is coming for me and where things are to even shoot at them.

If they would cut back on the amount of "sparks" that fly everywhere when you blow stuff up I could go on for a lot longer... but you can't shoot what you can't see coming for you.

The sad thing is, even on my 51" HDTV those little pink squares that explode into three smaller squares are too hard to see, especially when gravity wells are exploding everywhere and those snake things are making a mess on the screen and I can't see what is coming for me.

Json23 said:

Once things start exploding on the screen every where at that score I can't see what is coming for me and where things are to even shoot at them.

If they would cut back on the amount of "sparks" that fly everywhere when you blow stuff up I could go on for a lot longer... but you can't shoot what you can't see coming for you.

You can use the F keys to adjust some of the graphics options on-the-fly... This may help you see better.

diehard said:
The 360 version looks quite a bit better..

Considering you're paying actual money for it, it had better :p This looks like fun!

Json23 said:

The sad thing is, even on my 51" HDTV those little pink squares that explode into three smaller squares are too hard to see, especially when gravity wells are exploding everywhere and those snake things are making a mess on the screen and I can't see what is coming for me.

You need a 360 ;)

Especially if you get 20 million score...then you could take the leaderboard on XBL :p

Is this the same game which is in PGR2 for the Xbox (not 360)? In the garage you can walk up to the stand up arcade game and hit the green button and play the game.. it's pretty fun also. Needs a game pad for sure for full fun. :)

Don't forget to go in the game options and up the RES and gamefield if your computer/monitor can support it.

I found having a much larger playing field (than the default) makes the game a tad easier - at least until everything covers up the larger field...and you're still screwed.

Looks like they updated it since last night, I downloaded it again and the file name is 1 number higher (GridWars38, as opposed to last night's GridWars37)

This is so much fun. I sucked at the 360 version, i couldn't even survive the demo time limit. But this version seems a little easier. Its fantastic fun still.

All they need to do is add a glow effect to the particles and it'll look pretty much the same as the 360 Albeit with less particles on screen.

Top notch stuff

Excellent clone, nice to have on my laptop for those times when I need something to do but don't have enough time to play a larger, more in-depth game.

Ah this game is sweet. Actually read the instructions and edited the config file. Can only get 10000 particles though. Anything higher and it resets to 10k. Shame because its just begging for more

Heh... It's up to 3.9 now. I think he updates it everyday...

Cool game, works with my modded xbox1 controller.

-dB

Decibel said:
Heh... It's up to 3.9 now. I think he updates it everyday...

Looks like support for more resolutions was added to version 3.9 Several resolutions weren't available yesterday when I downloaded 3.8 on the same machine.

Skirrow said:
Ah this game is sweet. Actually read the instructions and edited the config file. Can only get 10000 particles though. Anything higher and it resets to 10k. Shame because its just begging for more
Particles? like particle effects? /me is confused.

What are you guys scoring? Here are my scores so far:

Easy: 2,104,999
Medium: 887,415
Hard: 130,441

BTW, I took a screen capture of one of my games, just because :p

This game rocks. I dont have a 360 so I have never played the real Geometry Wars. But playing "GridWars" on a cheap single axis gamepad is awesome. Just had it set at whatever the default difficulty level is and scored 250k at 4 or 5 minutes. Too bad I am at work, I feel like playing right now hahah :p

Looks like the game has been updated again, version 4.0 is now available. Wonder what's been changed this time...

Yeah, the 360 version actually has good graphics. This is decent for those without one though.

Medium: 2,592,950

When you get to 2,000,000 they send out a hundreds of blue circles that you pretty much can't defeat without a bomb. The funny part is that there's so many it sent my game into slow motion.

Back