Sata?

Im just going to be installing this with XP Pro on it as soon as i boot it up. It wont be copyed or used as a secondary.
 
Yeah, sure. Plug it in.

The only curveball can be drivers. If the SATA solution on the motherboard needs special drivers, you'll have to F8 in Windows Setup to get 'em installed. I'd expect that you'd not need to do this.
 
so it will work just like a IDE? is sata better?and i can just leave my primary IDE port not plugged in?
 
Not necessary to use a floppy for the extra drivers. Just integrate them with nLite. But in general you dont need SATA drivers unless you're using SATA RAID
 
RavenD said:
But in general you dont need SATA drivers unless you're using SATA RAID

Which is why I said that I expected they wouldn't be required.
 
mikeblas said:
Yeah, sure. Plug it in.

The only curveball can be drivers. If the SATA solution on the motherboard needs special drivers, you'll have to F8 in Windows Setup to get 'em installed. I'd expect that you'd not need to do this.


Isn't it F6?

 
insanarchist said:
Hey, just tryin' to help/avoid confusion :)

And I'm glad you did. It has been a long time since I've had to run setup.
 
Back
Top