Sata to PCI-e or 2 Molex to PCI-e?

zrex

n00b
I recently bought this case/PSU on newegg and they have the model number for the PSU wrong. I thought I was getting 1 PCI-e and 1 PCI-e +2, but I just have one PCI-e and can't hook up my GPU.

I have done some research and found I can get a SATA or Molex adapter to PCI-e.From what I read a single molex will just burn out. I have limited funds or else I would just get another PSU or return the case.

Have anyone used these adapters?

Thats a Deer based PSU.

I wouldn't run anything you paid money for on it. Return it before it destroys all of your components.

PCI-e provides up to 75W. Dual 6-pin PEG is 150W. 225W, that's already half of that power supply just from the video card. If your card ever draws more than 350W the wires themselves will melt if there's only one molex adapting that 2nd 6-pin. Technically it should only want up to 6.2A through there. But physically it can draw up to 16A. The molex wire will melt at 6.2A if the PSU is using 22 or 20AWG (which cheap ones tend to do). If both the wire and adapter use 18AWG it might work. Overall the power supply probably isn't fit for a 225W card though.

Back