• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

SATA & the Safely Remove Hardware icon

|oR|Spetsnaz

2[H]4U
Joined
Jul 20, 2004
Messages
2,797
So I just installed the latest nForce drivers (6.86) and now my Seagate SATA drive shows up in the "Safely Remove Hardware" icon in the system tray. I dont ever plan on hot swapping my drive as it is mounted in a drive bay inside my computer. I have it set to "Optimize for Performance" in the drive's properties in Device Manager, but it still has the icon. Is there any way to make it not show up? Its the only thing that is in the icon and its taking up room in my system tray. I know I can do the "hide inactive icons in the system tray" option, but it annoys me.

Thx
 
yeah, I don't know about that. It always bothered me too, just never asked about it. Anybody know?
 
yes, if you did not install the nVidia St0rage driver it would not show up.
 
I just installed my first SATA drive and I have the same annoying icon.
This Nvidia driver, can it be removed without much fuss?
 
|oR|Spetsnaz said:
Does the nVidia driver offer any performance improvements?
depends on whom you ask. It it known to cause some trouble with certain harddrives when NCQ is enabled.
 
Is windows installed on the SATA drive? Then use the remove button and tell us what happens. Hahaha.
 
provoko said:
Is windows installed on the SATA drive? Then use the remove button and tell us what happens. Hahaha.
It'll probably tell you that the drive cannot be removed, just like if you try to remove a secondary drive that you have files open from.

Thanks for the link, I'll try this tonight as it's been bothering me too.
 
IanG said:
It'll probably tell you that the drive cannot be removed, just like if you try to remove a secondary drive that you have files open from.

Chicken? Hehe, just kidding.
 
Back
Top