I'm looking to put together a file server that about 25 people will be using. I need 250+ gigs of space. Since money is limited, I'd like to go Raid 1 and Serial ATA. I'd also like to use the newer NCQ technology for improved performance, and a 5yr warranty is important. These are the drives I'm considering
400GB Western Digital Caviar RE2 16mb NCQ WD400YR
300-400GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.8 ST3300831AS
300GB Maxtor MaXLine III 7(L300SO)
There are also Seagate 7200.9 drives in the 300-400gb capacity that just came out, but currently I'm only seeing 160gb or 500gb for sale. Should I wait for these to show up? Are they super good?
Have any of you heard about how good these are? Which hard drive would you recommend out of these 4 and why?
Any recommendations on a PCI-X or PCI Express controller card to complement these drives would also be helpful. One that wont slow the drives down. I haven't yet chosen the motherboard, so if there is one that has 4 sata ports that support NCQ that would be cool also, if you know of any I'd welcome suggestion on one (I know this isn't the motherboard forum, but I figure if you know something why not suggest one).
Thanks so much everyone. All suggestions are welcome.
-MN Scout

400GB Western Digital Caviar RE2 16mb NCQ WD400YR
300-400GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.8 ST3300831AS
300GB Maxtor MaXLine III 7(L300SO)
There are also Seagate 7200.9 drives in the 300-400gb capacity that just came out, but currently I'm only seeing 160gb or 500gb for sale. Should I wait for these to show up? Are they super good?
Have any of you heard about how good these are? Which hard drive would you recommend out of these 4 and why?
Any recommendations on a PCI-X or PCI Express controller card to complement these drives would also be helpful. One that wont slow the drives down. I haven't yet chosen the motherboard, so if there is one that has 4 sata ports that support NCQ that would be cool also, if you know of any I'd welcome suggestion on one (I know this isn't the motherboard forum, but I figure if you know something why not suggest one).
Thanks so much everyone. All suggestions are welcome.
-MN Scout
