• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

SATA question for P4C800-E Deluxe

DirtyApe said:
i have 2 120gig HD's in RAID 0 and was wondering if i could use just one of the remaining 2 SATA ports for a single HD instead of having to buy 2 more HD's. my IDE ports are being used by a cdburner a dvd burner and a backup harddrive so i cant use them. im looking into a new high capacity HD like this one>> http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=22-144-179&depa=1
and was just curious about this.


Yes is the answer :p I have the same board, and this is how i set mine up: On the Intel controller I have my RAID "0" Raptors, and on the Promise controller I have my one Maxtor 160GB SATA drive. The way to make it work in the Bios, I set the promise controller to "set as RAID" and since I boot off of this drive and not my RAID array, I set the Promise controller to "enable bootrom" Hope this helps....
 
that clears things up quite nicely. im going to other way though. i have my 2 120's in raid 0 and using those as my windows install and im going to add a second drive for my anime collection and other things.
 
Back
Top