• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

SATA Power Connections

Operaghost

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jun 4, 2004
Messages
1,315
I'm a little confused. I bought a 74gig Raptor for the new rig I'm building. I knew that SATA drives had some funky power connection that was similar to the data connector. So I bought a cool UV blue molex to SATA power adapter. However, after inspecting my Raptor I see that there is also a 4 pin molex connector. Why is this? Does it need both? Is one more beneficial over the other?
 
Don't plug in both, you can fry it.

As to the other, you can use either one, but the new type is for hotswap abilities... Don't hotswap with the molex.

==>Lazn
 
do it dude, itll make you hdd spin at like 13000rpm :D

just kidding, i have hitachi drives that has both connectors also and on the top of the drives it says that if you connect both it will cause "unpredictable" results.

dont do it, use the sata power connector if you can.
 
Thanks guys, I kinda figures using both could cause issues since It would be getting 24V.
Anyway, thanks for the speedy response
 
Back
Top