• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Sata Ports In Oc'ing

coolkishan

Limp Gawd
Joined
Aug 5, 2005
Messages
320
This probably sounds really n00bie but here goes:
I have read quite alot of posts and people saying you should lock sata ports when overclocking. How do i do this. I have locked my agp/pci frequency 66/33 does that mean my sata ports are locked aswell??? IF not how do i do this.
 
Ultra noobie question then, how do you lock your agp/pci frequencys? And what dose this do?
 
I believe you cant lock them in the BIOS, you have to use SATA ports 3 and 4 on the mobo. This is how mine are locked. What SATA ports are you using?
 
DeleteRadio said:
Ultra noobie question then, how do you lock your agp/pci frequencys? And what dose this do?
Some mobos will lock the AGP when you oc the FSB and with others you have to set the AGP frequency to 67, which engages the lock.
IF you dont lock you AGP freq, then your comp will start to fuck up once you pass 20 FSB over stock. The PCI and AGP slots arent meant to run at say 250FSB, supremo erros if you do.
 
Heligrin said:
I believe you cant lock them in the BIOS, you have to use SATA ports 3 and 4 on the mobo. This is how mine are locked. What SATA ports are you using?
So it's like this:
The 2 SATA built into the 875P chipset will be adversly affected by what FSB you run at, thus hard drives on these ports will result in errors if you overclock.
However, the 2 SATA ports on the Silicon Image controller run on the PCI bus. Thus, if you lock PC at 33MHz, your SATA stuff on these ports (3 & 4) is safe.

Did I get that right?
 
What you wanna do is OC your SATA ports like crazy so that your harddrives go faster.... lol j/k

In THEORY the MB sata drives SHOULD be locked when the PCI lock is applied. If you find this is not the case, switch over to the SI sata ports.

Personally I tend to lock them at 66/33, however I know people who lock at 67/34 and don't get errors. I haven't yet tested which is more stable but try 66/33 and if you don't get any luck try 67/34.
 
So basically i have locked the pci/agp frequency and my sata ports must be locked considering the overclock i have. 3.0 --> 4.1
 
Back
Top