A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!
I have a Maxtor SATA 80 Gig. And when i try and install windows on it says "Inspecting your computer configuration," or whatever that the screen just goes black. And the HD activity lights are solid.
A) Go back to stock frequencies, and load BIOS defaults.
B) Verify that you have the latest release BIOS for your mobo
C) Make sure Windows has drivers for your SATA host, either by using the ATAPI drivers or providing an F6 disk
D) Proceed with install
Try setting all IDE and SATA channels with no drive connect to "None" in the BIOS instead of "Auto". This helped a lot with detection issues on my Maxtor.
I currently am having the same problem; but my drives are all IDE. I just flashed the BIOS with the newest one, and I have a Neopower 480, so what do I fix next? I set the secondary drives to none, but if I set the primary drives to none it didn't recognize the hdd..