sata issues with GA-G33M-S2L

tuberc

Limp Gawd
just bought this gigabyte mobo and when i tried powering it up windows wont load,
have tried with 2 different sata drive one with vista the other win Xp,
getting the following BSOD errors: 24 and 7b

replaced all the stuff in my abit mobo and both drives boot without any problems?

anyone have any tips?

would it be a better idea to post ths in the Small Form Factor section?

Did you change the SATA settings in BIOS from the time you installed Windows until now?

You say you are trying two different drives with two different Windows versions - are these versions the ones you installed with this motherboard? You can't just take a drive from one MB and expect it to boot on another MB.

tried changing sata related settings in bios, no change
the os's were installed on the old board, anytime in the past i changed motherboard i used a drive that was already used on a different motherboard...never caused a problem

are you saying i need a reformat every time i upgrade boards?

Reformat is not necessary, but a reinstall is. You could avoid a reinstall if you unload all drivers and then add them on the new MB. Personally, I think that's more trouble than it's worth. If it was up to me, I'd reformat and reinstall.

If you are switching from one motherboard to another, the SATA drivers may be different. The odds that the driver from one working on another is small unless the two are the same brand and SATA chipset.

thanks for your help, after u mention the problem i searched around and got the info needed

issue resolved

Back