Sata HD installation problem

Pez

[H]ard|Gawd
I never used to be a newb when it came to installing hard drives, but I'm relatively inexperienced when it comes to SATA drives, so I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

I have two hd's hooked up. I see the second drive in the bios, and when I go to windows, it looks like it's combining both into the c drive (I'm not using a raid setup). I tried changing the sata port config for the drives, but that didn't do anything. I even tried a different, unused sata drive (I have three empty ones I want to hook up). HDTunes can see it and run tests on it, but I can't access it. Any and all help would be appreciated.

System info:

CPUZ.jpg

mobo.jpg

hd1.jpg
hd2.jpg

hd3.jpg
hd4.jpg
hd5.jpg

Thanks in advance.

Durr. Vista 64. I probably should have mentioned that sooner. I swear I wasn't always this inept.

Normally, when Windows detects the new hd and installs the drivers for it, wouldn't it then show up in the drive listing as an unformatted drive and give me the ability to format it?

Run diskmgmt.msc from your run command on the start (or whatever vista calls it) menu. Find your harddrive that isnt showing up under my computer, right click, and partition/format and *poof* youre golden.

Vista will install the drivers for it automatically, but it won't initialize it and give you the ability to format it.

Back