Sata drives randomoly dropping out...

hdgamer

Gawd
Been having this issue with this motherboard Asus P6T now for some years and lately seems to be getting worse. Every so often when I go to reboot my computer the drive detection hangs up for like five minutes until it boots into windows. When I get into windows, the drive that it was hung up on won't show up.

I figured out that there was a connection problem with the cable and would unplug it and plug it back in applying slight pressure to it to make sure that it was in snug. Reboot the computer and drive works.

This now happens on ALL drives even during windows operation.

Has anyone ever had this issue before? Is this a motherboard related issue or am I doing something wrong?

well if the hard drives are good and cables are good i guess you need to rma the board or chuck it and but a sabertooth and sell the p6t when its back from rma....

Have you tried clearing the BIOS to see if it helps?

Have you tried getting power from a different RAIL on your power supply?

Have you tried a different power supply?

Have you tried the drives in a different computer?

Have you tried NEW Sata cables? I had a couple drives do this at different times and it turned out to be the cable in both instances.

If yes to all of the above, then RMA the motherboard.

^^what he said.
I saw that happen myself too. Had some perfectly good WDD IDE drives go klunkety-klunk for no reason....and it was the molex that was bad !!

Replaced that....NO problem.

Been having this issue with this motherboard Asus P6T now for some years and lately seems to be getting worse. Every so often when I go to reboot my computer the drive detection hangs up for like five minutes until it boots into windows. When I get into windows, the drive that it was hung up on won't show up.

I figured out that there was a connection problem with the cable and would unplug it and plug it back in applying slight pressure to it to make sure that it was in snug. Reboot the computer and drive works.

This now happens on ALL drives even during windows operation.

Has anyone ever had this issue before? Is this a motherboard related issue or am I doing something wrong?

does this only happen with hdd's or does it affect you rom drives too?

Yeah my optical and SSD drives go as well. Just happened again this morning. I kicked my box because I got pissed and then it worked again... LOL. I think I may just end up picking up a new motherboard. I replaced all the sata cables and tried just about everything there is. And no it's not a psu issue either. PSU is plenty big enough and runs just fine.

I think there's some kind of short going on where the sata connectors are. I've tried to fit them in there as snug as possible and it still happens so this tells me it's gotta be internal or the sata connectors on the motherboard are crap.

have you tested one drive at a time? i still think one of your drives is on the way out.

Not the hdd's. I know this because it's random on which sata port and it won't work until I open up the case and giggle the wires at the sata ports. When I reboot my computer it will then show up and work.

Back