SATA Drivers installation problems

RAULMTZ

n00b
This is a new pc, with a A7N8X Deluxe with 2 raptors in RAID 0, I am trying to install XP Pro and when I have to press F6 to install the drivers my motherboard does not work. I have to wait until xp tells me no storage device was found and to insert a diskette with the drivers. I download the latest drivers from asus, insert floppy, press enter and nothing, it just goes back to the same screen telling me to do the same again. I did tried with different drivers and nothing.

Can someone please help me!!!

Thank You!

Sorry for my English!

I was trying to install xp pro, so I change the settings to boot from cdrom, now I change them to floppy-scsi-cdrom and I am getting a veryfing dmi pool data message and hungs there, when this happens my floppy led is on, can my ide cable be backwards or something??

Thank You!

What are your Hard Drive settings in BIOS, they need to be set to RAID, And it is quite possible that your Floppy isnt working, filp flop the cable on the drive and give it a go i have done that before and it worked, if your floppy disk is working it should pull the drivers off it whether they are the correct ones or not. Did you use the MAKE DISK utility that ASUS offers, after you download the most current SATA raid drivers double click the folder and select make disk, if that doesnt work try to just simply drap and drop all the files over to a disk, that actually worked for me. I had to do that on my older ASUS board and the new one i just setup the ASUS SK8N. If none of this works post anotherr message or PM me

Thanks Marcdaddy.

I have the 2 raptors, and 1 cd-rw in the primary ide.

durinf the POST I press F4 to create the raid 0, that went fine, I dont know what settings I have to change in the BIOS for RAID, can you please explain.

I am going to try and change the floppy cable, see if that works.

Go into your BIOS by hitting the delet key upon bootup, i know you allready know that, then i believe in you ADVACNED option tabs you need to select RAID and not IDE as your OPERATING mode for the hard drives, otherwise your system will still want to not see the ARRAY during windows installation.

I don't have those options. I got a new floppy and I just can't get the drivers to install. Thanks again!

I am going to install xp in a ide drive, then just add the raptors. I think thats the only way since I can't find what is wrong.

I feel like an @ss asking this - but I gotta.

When you said you hit enter to feed xpinstall the drivers - you hit "s" right? Because if you hit enter it just skips to the next step, it doesn't scan the floppy for drivers unless you hit "s" for supply...

Originally posted by dewhite
I feel like an @ss asking this - but I gotta.

When you said you hit enter to feed xpinstall the drivers - you hit "s" right? Because if you hit enter it just skips to the next step, it doesn't scan the floppy for drivers unless you hit "s" for supply...

well, it says to press enter, so thats what I did, I am going to try pressing s one time, if it doesn't work I will use a ide drive. Thanks! I let you know if it works!

Ok, I Intalled xp in my ide drive, install the raptors set the raid, install drivers in xp, the raid controller is in device manager, but the raptors are not showing in my computers, can somebody please help me!!!

Thanks!

Wow

That's the coolest thing ever. I've long talked about customizing a windows install disk with stuff like this. However, I'm too lazy to do the research - props to that guy for his work.

In any case, I'm glad you got your array working - and good luck in your travels sir...

Back