SATA drivers from Windoes Update wont install

ChaseJ86

Limp Gawd
I did windows updates and downloaded the silicon image Sil 3112 SATARaid Controller, but it wouldn't install. It was 94kb and evertime I try to re-download it, it refuses to install. Now whenever I restart my computer the "Found New Hardware Wizzard" comes up and says it cannot install the hardware becuase an error occured -- the data is invalid. I have no idea what is invalid about it but can someone help me remove this from my computer; I will just stick with the driver that is installed currently rather than this one from windows upate.

There are two folders inside the WUTemp, should I just delete those to get rid of this? Thanks for your help.

I don't know why they wont install, but from what I've heard it's not a good idea to update the SATA driver unless your reinstalling the OS.

I have had all sorts of problems with drivers from windows update. Whenever it lists them - I just ignore em and download the newest off of the manufacturer's website.

Has anybody else tried installing these yet? im taking the safe side and not updating it.

I've never had any luck with the windows update drivers. They are inevitably old and don't work properly. Grab the newest from the manufacturer's website, or just re-install the ones you had before.

Back