• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

SATA drive recognized as SCSI

markyards

n00b
Joined
Jul 6, 2006
Messages
5
Hi,

I have a new computer (GA-K8NS Ultra 939, AMD XS 3800+, 2 Gig Ram) with 3 HDDS. The OS is on an IDE and I have 2 SATA for storage.

Both SATA drives are listed under the device manager as SCSI drives. Is this normal?
They are plugged into the motherboard and I believe are being recognized by the onboard SATA. RAID is disabled.
They both appear to be working OK. Not sure of the transfer speed as its a new computer with nothing on it yet really.
 
yeah normal

Just Windows dont know what Exaclty is SATA so they put it in SCSI. Maybe 1 day there will be a Category for SATA Controllers :p
 
Ok great.
One other thing I have noticed. Under my C: drive there are 3 tmp folders from nvidia. They appear to be all identical. They are contain

NvRaidEnu.dll
NvRaidMan
nvRaidservice
NvRaidsvEnu.dll
NvRaidWizard.dll
NvRaidWizardEnu.dll

Do I need these? If they are the drivers, why are there 3 copies and why are they contained directly under C:?
 
If the folders are C:\Nvidia*, they are safe to delete. Thats were nvidia drivers are expanded, before they are installed onto your system.
 
No they are contained in folders called

C:\NV32003204.tmp etc etc

3 folders named liked this. Just long numbers. Same files inside, all 'date modified' exactly the same.
Can I delete safely?
 
They are safe to delete, they are just the temp folders used during driver installations. Driver packages are downloaded in a compressed state, when you run the .exe, they are expanded in those temp folders on the C:\ drive.
 
Back
Top