I recently got a Seagate SATA drive and I'm noticing when it's reading theres a grinding sort of noise. Should I be concerned or is it just a loud drive?
I've never RMA'd before, but I doubt I'm in the situation to. I bought the drive from my friend, who bought it off ebay a month ago. Am I elgible for anything through Segate? I dont have any original packaging, just the drive.
you can do the "advance option" rma. just type in the serial number, it'll tell u if warranty is still availiable. they send you a new drive first and u use their box and shipping label to send it back to them. piece of cake
Awsome, I'll probably ask them if the noise is normal and if not i'll do that (if its under warrenty). I read somewhere aobut segates grinding a bit normal but this doesn't sound healthy