• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Sata drive as boot drive and windows format?

Joined
Feb 25, 2004
Messages
592
I just got a new deskstar hitachi 160gb hard drive but windows xp doesn't detect so I can install windows on it, but when I boot with my old drive it detects it, but I cant seem to make it my boot disk.

In short windows xp installation disk doesn't dectect it so, I can install windowsxp
 
You need to give windows setup the drivers for you SATA controller by hitting F6 when prompted and sticking in the floppy w/ said drivers on it
 
Back
Top