SATA Controller Card for Windows 7

Did you ever find one? I am looking too. Tried the Rosewill RC-209-EX and win7 does not recognize it at all.

If you find a card with solid reliable Vista drivers, those drivers should work with Windows 7 just fine.

Note that Windows 7 is NOT A FINISHED RETAIL PRODUCT YET - even in spite of today's release on MSDN/TechNet. This is the period of time prior to GA (general availability, meaning on store shelves, etc) where manufacturers get their hands on the actual finished product and get to work on creating solid stable working drivers for their products.

Finding actual final drivers for anything at this moment is more than likely not going to happen for most hardware, even on brand new components that just came out last week.

The OS may be "finished" in terms of Microsoft's development on the RTM build, but as stated now is the time when hardware manufacturers and software developers get started on making their products.

Give it time, there will be drivers and products rolling in fast.

The Rosewill RC-209-EX has Vista 64 drivers. It might need a need a BIOS update as Win7 does not even know it is there. Latest BIOS I could find for the SiI3114 at siliconimage.com is dated 3/2/2007. The win7 compatibility checker (running in Vista) does not recognize it at all.

I just bought it thinking it should work in win7, was a bit surprised when it was not recognized at all.

Last edited:
Back