SATA cables (90 degree up?)

blade52x

2[H]4U
2FA
Joined
Sep 9, 2006
Messages
3,230
Anyone know a good place to get some SATA cables that have a 90 degree eblow facing up instead of down? All of the ones on monoprice.com are facing down.

I think this is one but I'm not sure from the picture alone. But even if it is, I'm not paying $4 per cable when I need five or more.

Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks.
 
Yup those will work. You're quite likely going to pay more just because it's non standard. 4 bucks isn't terrible imho.
 
But even if it is, I'm not paying $4 per cable when I need five or more.
I know what ya mean.

There's left and right angles but I'm not gonna bother to find the link.

They're over your $4.00 budget. LOL!

Good luck!
 
I cross wired a SATA cable a few years ago to do naughty things to the firmware on an XBox 360s DVD drive.
 
I remember it basically putting the drive into a different addressing mode (Mode B) that allowed writing to the firmware and reading certain stored information. I could see this being useful in other situations.
 
I remember it basically putting the drive into a different addressing mode (Mode B) that allowed writing to the firmware and reading certain stored information. I could see this being useful in other situations.
You're into it waaay further than I. :)

Thanks for the info!
 
Back
Top