• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

SATA and AHCI

cheerful

n00b
Joined
Feb 23, 2009
Messages
30
Is there any article about AHCI vs SATA? I thought SATA2 support NCQ. What does AHCI offer over SATA2?

My AHCI drive is not shown in "safely remove hardware" wizard. This is not the system drive. I though SATA drive is hot-removable?

The motherboard does not have an option for SATA, only AHCI. If it's set as AHCI, do I need special driver (not SATA driver) to install XP?

Thanks!
 
Back
Top