• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

sas cables for 2.5" drives

kill14me

n00b
Joined
Jan 21, 2011
Messages
8
I have a dell SAS6/IR controller which uses SFF-8484 connectors. Problem is I want to connect up 2.5" hard drives which are 22 pin's I think.

Is there such a cable.

thanx
 
2.5" and 3.5" SATA drives have identical connectors (same applies for SAS).
 
thanx for replying, yeah I thought that too but this Fujitsu MAY2073RC I got isn't matching up with any of the other cables I have.
 
It probably has dual ports. You can't use SATA cables with SAS drives if that's what you're trying.
 
I think I got this sorted. I need a SFF-8484 (32pin) to SFF-8482 (22pin) SAS Int Cable.

So I ordered one of these which should do the trick.

Thanx 4 helping
 
Back
Top