Sapphire Vega 64 Reference $440 + free games

I'm looking to upgrade this winter from my old GTX 970 to either a 1070 or a Vega 64. I have an HP Omen 32 Freesync, so I curious if it is worth going for the Vega 64 if I am gaming at 75hz rather than 144? That price point on eBay is very tempting right now.

I'm looking to upgrade this winter from my old GTX 970 to either a 1070 or a Vega 64. I have an HP Omen 32 Freesync, so I curious if it is worth going for the Vega 64 if I am gaming at 75hz rather than 144? That price point on eBay is very tempting right now.

I have the same monitor and a vega 56 (that is flashed to a 64.) Performance is great but its right around the same level as a 1070ti which can be found for a bit cheaper. I prefer running a freesync card with this monitor though (and AMD cards typically look better to me for some reason.)

I'm mostly excited to ramp up the graphics and framerate for Elite Dangerous in VR. I was just going to run it stock, but I have been reading a lot of places to undervolt it, not entirely sure why I would want to do that?

15 mins of tweaking will give you the same or better performance (same if you keep memory/clock stock higher to much higher if you OC) at much lower power usage. A lot of people here love to scream about power usage for some reason while gaming so I always mention it. PM me and let me know which ram you have (Samsung or hynix) when you get it and we will get you running at the best performance.

64 all the way..You can always VRR to 1800P/4K on less demanding games and get better IQ while keeping your frame rates in your FS window...FS is a game changer. The only people who claim otherwise are those that have never used a VRR LCD. Game changer. A 56 would work great, but 64 for under $400 is very tempting!

64 all the way..You can always VRR to 1800P/4K on less demanding games and get better IQ while keeping your frame rates in your FS window...FS is a game changer. The only people who claim otherwise are those that have never used a VRR LCD. Game changer. A 56 would work great, but 64 for under $400 is very tempting!

Yea i got a vega 64 for 399. I was waiting for navi but at that price it was a damn good deal I think. Paid no tax either. Have it undervolted using like 220w running with memory at 1000mhz and sustained core around 1550 mhz.

Yea i got a vega 64 for 399. I was waiting for navi but at that price it was a damn good deal I think. Paid no tax either. Have it undervolted using like 220w running with memory at 1000mhz and sustained core around 1550 mhz.

How the hell did you get a Vega 64 for $399?
I can't seem to do that and I need to upgrade my r9 290x BIG time.....

How the hell did you get a Vega 64 for $399?
I can't seem to do that and I need to upgrade my r9 290x BIG time.....

I got it on ebay. Someone was selling brand new vega 64 sapphire reference model for 399. he shipped it priority too. I got it like in 2 days. i guess I got lucky. I caught the sale within an hour of being up. He had 2 and Only one left. So I pulled the trigger. I had been looking for a few days and saw all of them close above 450+ tax. When I saw that I pulled the trigger when I checked his feedback and saw that he had 100% feedback and had recently sold some other cards.

Last edited:
I have the same monitor and a vega 56 (that is flashed to a 64.) Performance is great but its right around the same level as a 1070ti which can be found for a bit cheaper. I prefer running a freesync card with this monitor though (and AMD cards typically look better to me for some reason.)

Thanks for the replies! I purchased one. That deal is just too good.

15 mins of tweaking will give you the same or better performance (same if you keep memory/clock stock higher to much higher if you OC) at much lower power usage. A lot of people here love to scream about power usage for some reason while gaming so I always mention it. PM me and let me know which ram you have (Samsung or hynix) when you get it and we will get you running at the best performance.
I'm kinda hoping the card will warm up the room it's in for the winter though... lol

Back