Sapphire Radeon R9 280X 269.99

The flood of cards should continue to pour in from manufactures based upon temporary demand from the mining bubble. The next few months should be a great time to pickup an AMD card at decent pricing.

Good price, and great card for 1080 and eye candy at that price!

I do not see them mentioning the 3 free game bundle. I wonder if this deal is part of it.

EDIT:

My friend who bit on this deal just asked customer service. They do not.

That sucks.

Last edited:
I do not see them mentioning the 3 free game bundle. I wonder if this deal is part of it.

EDIT:

My friend who bit on this deal just asked customer service. They do not.

That sucks.

Indeed, that DOES suck. I am looking to replace my aging 6950 with a new card, and that bundle would certainly have sweetened the deal, no doubt.

I had the XFX OC version of a 280X, when playing Crysis 3 @ max on 1080P my GTX 680 pushed out better frames and was more fluid/smooth gameplay.

Then again GTX 680's still go for $300+ used and this 280X at this price is a pretty good deal. Shows only in store for me though.

The flood of cards should continue to pour in from manufactures based upon temporary demand from the mining bubble. The next few months should be a great time to pickup an AMD card at decent pricing.

Yeah I hope they stay like this through June as well. That's when I plan to build my next rig. If I buy that card right now and put it in this rig in my sig it'd get bottle necked severely I'd imagine.

i know this is best asked in another section; i currently have a 6950 and have an itch to upgrade but not playing anything now that is slamming my machine... is there something around the corner that will smoke this card at this price point (summer or fall)?

Nope... this price could go lower mb 40 bucks by fall... no new cards from any camp until Nov/Dec at the earliest according to rumors

Deal is Dead now.

If new 280x's hit ~$200 before the new GPU's come out, I am screwed.
Gonna have to xfire at that point.

So I hope you're wrong! :p

If new 280x's hit ~$200 before the new GPU's come out, I am screwed.
Gonna have to xfire at that point.

So I hope you're wrong! :p

Haha, same here. I actually picked up a used 7970 a couple months ago. Was a worthy upgrade to my x-fire 6870's.

Of course at 1080p, x-fire 7970/280x cards would be overkill.

Back